Do your clubs fit in your car boot?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Current car is a SEAT Leon, I struggle to fit my clubs in the boot in the bag, I can manage it if I remove the woods and hybrids from the bag and lie them separately. I've enough room for my push trolley and shoes etc but usually my boot also has walking boots and other crap in it that I have to put behind the seats or on the back seats.

Would love a car or SUV with a bigger boot so it could all just "fit" - a SEAT Ateca will be on my shopping list, but probably not until next year when the mortgage is paid off (in 6 months time)

Just wondered what cars you all drive and how you find it fitting your golfing gear in the boot so it's out of sight.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Kia Ceed here albeit about to change, all fit in fine albeit not much room for anything else. Usually comes down to width when clubs don t fit and not sure a lot of the so called SUVs are much better for this. Expect Skoda Superb/Octavia will crop up on this a few times

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have to have a smallish car, being a driving instructor, so I've always had to take woods out of the bag.
But I can get a trolley, bag, woods, shoes etc in with space to spare.
Worst I had was a Fiesta - had to take the head off the driver to get it in.
Current Cactus still has the woods out but everything else goes in with loads of room to spare

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mazda 3 hatchback,previous version. I bought it because the clubs fit with everything in the bag, as well as the shoe bag and Golfstream Revolution trolley and have the parcel shelf still in place.
The choice at the time was the Mazda or Honda Civic, but as they had just brought out the new Civic which didn’t quite grab me the Mazda it was.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Mazda 3 hatchback,previous version. I bought it because the clubs fit with everything in the bag, as well as the shoe bag and Golfstream Revolution trolley and have the parcel shelf still in place.
The choice at the time was the Mazda or Honda Civic, but as they had just brought out the new Civic which didn’t quite grab me the Mazda it was.
Yes the new Civic shape is quite marmite isn't it.!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Recently moved from a fiesta to a Mercedes CLA shooting brake (estate)

Clubs still don't fit vertically in the boot but they do go across diagonally with no issue..

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Audi A4 Avant (estate) as I ease into middle age. It's pretty much a prerequisite now for me in London that I can get the clubs in the boot without being on show - as there's times I leave them in if I'm nipping in/out during the day.

For a brief period last summer I had an old / cheap Porsche Boxster which could get my clubs in the boot, albeit they tended to smell a bit of engine after any trip of more than 20 mins. That said, the car itself very infrequently made it past 20 mins without breaking down ...

Ser Shankalot

Visit site
12 years ago had a CLK. Clubs just about fit it in the boot when the roof was up but not when it was down. Not much else else would fit in there apart from shoes etc, so was back seat for anything else. But have to think even a smallish SUV today would have bigger space than a CLK.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Audi Q5. Not a problem. One of my key requirements for a new car is getting the clubs and electric trolley in the boot with the seats in the normal position and nothing showing. Previous Audi S4 saloon fitted, just.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I drive my ol' mum's Ford Fusion. Clubs wouldn't fit in the boot and so I just have the back seat permanently down to pile my clubs, trolley and clobber in - and that's fine as we use that car as my mobile locker and pretty much for nothing else. A rarity if I ever have to think about getting someone in the back seat. And they only fit in our Golf if I take driver and 4w out of bag and lay them diagonally. But that doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Skoda Rapid, not the spaceback, (which actually has smaller boot) Powakaddy and big bag with room to spare. Rapid saloon has bigger boot than mate's Mondeo. Octavia post #14 has even larger boot. Skodas can have same engines as Seats. Don't always go by the boot volume on the spec, this is misleading when looking at SUVs - floor area of boot is prob more important for a golfer.