Do your clubs fit in your car boot?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
First one here to back @fundy up. Skoda Superb. Can take 2 bags, trolley bags, and electric trolleys without needing to remove drivers.

Orignally I had to remove them and then @Stuart_C kindly pointed out I could remove a couple of plastic bits in the boot and that left a wider space. Bingo.

Superb V6 estate - permanent residence for my clubs, go straight in, albeit at an angle. Which bits of plastic are they?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Merc CLS shooting brake. Yes, the clubs fit, but with a leccy trolley, (S7 remote), it's more of a faff than you would think. Normally just drop a seat down, or take the driver and 3w out of the bag.

Or, BMW E85 Z4, it all goes in the boot, but it's real krypton factor stuff to get it packed in there, but the good news is that the roof can still fold down.

D

Deleted member 3432

VW Golf, take driver and 3 wood out then shove the trolley in the boot and driver and 3 wood just lie on the top.

Still got to lift the bag and trolley in and out so dont see any problem taking 2 clubs out.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Current car is a SEAT Leon, I struggle to fit my clubs in the boot in the bag, I can manage it if I remove the woods and hybrids from the bag and lie them separately. I've enough room for my push trolley and shoes etc but usually my boot also has walking boots and other crap in it that I have to put behind the seats or on the back seats.

Would love a car or SUV with a bigger boot so it could all just "fit" - a SEAT Ateca will be on my shopping list, but probably not until next year when the mortgage is paid off (in 6 months time)

Just wondered what cars you all drive and how you find it fitting your golfing gear in the boot so it's out of sight.

You would be surprised how many big cars don't fit the club's with driver in..

My Honda hrv I had before was perfect. Fit the bag just right however the twins meant a complete overhaul of our cars

The alhambra fits them but because of the depth of the boot rather than the width

The Corsa I'm impressed with

20210328_141934_copy_1024x768.jpg

Take the woods out and it fits.. trolley and woods on back seat

Considering how small the car is that will do

I could fold one seat down and do that way aswell

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Superb V6 estate - permanent residence for my clubs, go straight in, albeit at an angle. Which bits of plastic are they?
You might not have them on the estate, mine is the hatchback. They are to the sides, front of the boot where the side lights are. The plastic inserts mean you can put things in there and they don't roll around in the boot. Lift the inserts out and it gives you extra width at that point. Without removing those you would have to put your bag in diagonally or simply remove your driver.

Skoda boot 1.jpgSkoda boot.jpgSkoda boot 1.jpgSkoda boot.jpg

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
VW Passate Est, can get a tour bag and elec Trolley withought taking any clubs out, ive had 2 tour bags and 2 carry bags and 2 elec trolleys in the back before. thinking of downsizing TBH, though i doubt i will find anything that will take both without issue.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
VW Passate Est, can get a tour bag and elec Trolley withought taking any clubs out, ive had 2 tour bags and 2 carry bags and 2 elec trolleys in the back before. thinking of downsizing TBH, though i doubt i will find anything that will take both without issue.
Have this as well.

Really wanted a bigger car as first child came along and also have a dog. So can fit the clubs and trolley in easily but on other days I have the pram and dog in with no problems. Can't be dealing with a small boot anymore even if i do miss the performance of my last car

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Mercedes CLS, no problem fitting electric trolley, bag and clubs in the boot, no need to remove any of the woods.

I believe that some Insurance companies won't cover any losses if the equipment should be stolen and was not stowed away out of sight. Seem to recall a member having his clubs stolen in a 'smash and grab' from his car when they were in view and Insurance refused to pay out, members rallied around to make a contribution.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I live in a road with no off-road parking so as much as I'd love a bigger car, the smaller the car, the more chance I have of squeezing in to a tight spot in the road!

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Got a Duster. bag fits in with the driver still in diagonally. If I go with the trolley too, it's driver and fairway out and it fits across fine.