Electric mountain bike

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Guys and Gals, Ave been perusing the net the last few weeks and originally I was going down the second hand route. There’s a few things that have put me off. Quite a few having new motors etc. warranty’s not transferred. Inflated prices when bought. Anyway.Should I buy new I have seen two bikes. They look very similar. Thoughts on them appreciated.

• Lapierre Overvolt AM 6.6 2022 Electric Bike £3,359.20
  • Lapierre Overvolt AM 5.6 Full​

Suspension £3,199.00​

reason I have leaned towards them is because my lad has a Lapierre Carbon zesty in the garage and the build quality is excellent. Others around the same price area would be considered.
Cheers folks.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Guys and Gals, Ave been perusing the net the last few weeks and originally I was going down the second hand route. There’s a few things that have put me off. Quite a few having new motors etc. warranty’s not transferred. Inflated prices when bought. Anyway.Should I buy new I have seen two bikes. They look very similar. Thoughts on them appreciated.

Suspension £3,199.00​

reason I have leaned towards them is because my lad has a Lapierre Carbon zesty in the garage and the build quality is excellent. Others around the same price area would be considered.
Cheers folks.
Specialized Vado SL 5.0 fabulous bike. £3400.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Suspension £3,199.00​

Cheers folks.

I can’t really see a lot of difference in spec between those two, both have droppers which is a must imo 👍

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think for most of my travels they would be in and around Sherwood Forest so hopefully full suspension may be a little kinder on my derrière 😁👍
I have put a Redshift suspension seat post on mine it’s brilliant.
I just find full suspension you Bob up and down on smooth surfaces.
So make sure you get one that can be turned off

Tashyboy

Visit site
The 6.6 would appear to be Shimano SLX and the 5.6 Shimano Deore (mech and sprockets). It is also 12 speed over 11.
Talking to someone who don’t have a clue ( me) is there much difference between the two you mention esp to someone like me whilst riding. Which is classed as better re the Shimano and 11 or 12 speed.
Cheers BM.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Talking to someone who don’t have a clue ( me) is there much difference between the two you mention esp to someone like me whilst riding. Which is classed as better re the Shimano and 11 or 12 speed.
Cheers BM.
SLX is a slightly better quality over Deore. When buying a complete bike, the frame was the main consideration, then components second because I knew I would wear out the components (brakes/sprockets/chain/mech) a long time before the frame.
However, in your case, I would suggest buy the best you can for yoru money. The quality of materials used will be slightly better as you climb the component ladder. I for example always would change my running gear to Shimano XT, as the cost difference between it and XTR was more than the quality difference. But between XT and SLX (then) was a mile.
Sorry to ramble .

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers BM.

Ignore the amount of gears, it won’t matter to you so much, SLX is rated higher than Deore as a group set so go for the SLX bike 👍

Tashyboy

Visit site
Just had a look at the shimano difference. I think either bike will do but I am leaning towards the 6.6. Hoping to have a trip up to Sherwood pines to see what they can do.
Cheers guys for the input.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Thought it was really expensive when I looked on the Specialized website, then I saw the price of some of the others 😲
Trying to make a long story short. I had narrowed it down. I had a wedge of cash to put towards one and then a bike ( well three) came up on Facebook. I showed a golfing partner the bike and bottom line he said “ I would still buy new”. Because of the warranty. So I had a look and came across the Carbon Levo. Larger Battery and Carbon for an extra £150 more than an Alloy.
The deciding factors were it was reduced £1,500 and it was interest free. So I ordered one. Has it a week and it’s been sat in the garage 🤬 due to London, Poppy appeal grandkids etc. just put some wrap on it today, ugly mud guards and su punched it to me phone so hopefully out on it on Friday.
Some of the Bikes are dearer than cars 😳 as you say Mega expensive.