How "Smart" is your home?

Springveldt

Visit site
Got a ring doorbell, camera at the back and a spotlight on the driveway.

Got an Alexa speaker in loads of rooms and got Hue lights in nearly every room. Got a few "smart" sockets dotted around the house as well.

Will be getting Hive and we get a new central heating system in. Old one is failed again and I'm not paying to get it fixed, it's had it's time so new one going in. Just had the consultation for the placement of a Heat Pump but they don't want to put it where the missus wants it, they want to put it where she said it's definitely not going. Can see me losing £500 from the deposit here.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My phase 1 of winter heating is find a thicker jumper.

To be fair our phase 1 is entered a lot later than most, I've been doing the jumper thing for a while the Mrs still walking around in a t shirt she's boiling lol 🤣

However I did experiment last winter and winter before with heating on and heating just using the air con... Too much condensation is made in our house with the amount of tumble drying and dishwashing etc that if I don't use the heating I get little patches of damp from it which surface mold can grow so for the sake of £2 a day or whatever it is until I can get solid wall insulation I go for the keep it at 18 all the time just to hold off any moisture issues