Do your clubs fit in your car boot?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Passat here and clubs and trolley fit in. only 2 minor annoyances though:

1) the carry bag is either diagonal across the boot, or horizontal where the boot lid opens. It can’t be ‘vertical’ and lie lengthway towards the back seat as the boot it about 3cm too short. Could take the woods out, but that’s just a faff.

2) the saloon style boot lid can be a pain when taking the motocaddy in and out. a hatch boot would be much more practical.

Can’t get as much as you think you should be able to in there, but it’s fine.

sunshine

Visit site
Yeah my boot is also about 3cm too short to fit a bag vertically. I just don’t know what the designers were thinking

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My mate has a 3 series estate (previous version) and he can fit bags horizontally which is great for fitting multiple golf bags in the boot.

Slightly annoyed that I can't fit my golf bag horizontally or vertically in my A6 estate as it is a long car.

How big is your bag? 😳

All of my a4’s from 2014 - 2021 (saloon and estate) have fitted bags diagonally across the boot with driver not removed with ease, if I want the faff I can leave the driver in and put it in the cubby hole on the right which also stops the clubs moving.

Last edited:

Alan Clifford

Visit site
We have a Škoda Octavia estate. Two trolleys and two bags easily fit in the boot.

We recently hired a car in South Africa. New Polo saloon, it was massive. What happened to the size of polos? The bags fitted across the boot.

My other car is a Mazda mx5. It's a bit of a squeeze :LOL:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Hyundai i40 boot takes my single seater Electrokart Voyager buggy, bag and clubs no probs. Plus 2 passengers, 2 cart size bags with clubs and 2 trolleys in one side of the back seat. floor. With me as chauffeur.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
On the car front, upgraded my XC60 to a newer model back in February. Still the perfect motor for putting 3 sets of clubs and trolleys in without removing clubs or dropping seats. More comfortable than the previous version too, especially for the long runs back down south now.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
On the car front, upgraded my XC60 to a newer model back in February. Still the perfect motor for putting 3 sets of clubs and trolleys in without removing clubs or dropping seats. More comfortable than the previous version too, especially for the long runs back down south now.
Yeah, you had loads in there at Kingsbarns, whilst I was playing golf bag tetris with that stupid CLA. Woods out, hybrid out, ended up just chucking my bag in the back seat for the journey home I couldn’t be arsed messing about with it.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Two small luxuries that once I had them I would never go without:
1. Electronic boot opening and closing
2. Heated seats
I like heated seats, but the most irritating thing about my current car is the boot can open when you walk past it as it has a sensor for hands free opening which I have yet to successfully trigger deliberately but persistently do so accidentally.

sunshine

Visit site
How big is your bag? 😳

All of my a4’s from 2014 - 2021 (saloon and estate) have fitted bags diagonally across the boot with driver not removed with ease, if I want the faff I can leave the driver in and put it in the cubby hole on the right which also stops the clubs moving.

Bag fits diagonally no problem. But I'd like it to fit vertically or horizontally so I could fit multiple bags without having to drop any of the rear seats.

LizAig

Visit site
When I was buying my last car I took my clubs and tried them in every car I liked - it was a major factor in the car I chose as I leave my clubs in the car the majority of the time.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Two small luxuries that once I had them I would never go without:
1. Electronic boot opening and closing
2. Heated seats
Interesting diversion, I like it. I never use my heated seats tbh, the boot opening I've not had but can see the beenfit of it, for me though...
1. Heated screen (Sadly I think Ford still the only company making this?)
2. Sunroof/Panoroof
3. Steering wheel stereo controls (my now 11 year old Skoda doesn;t have this, I don't know if there's many cars without nowadays, but boy do I miss it)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting diversion, I like it. I never use my heated seats tbh, the boot opening I've not had but can see the beenfit of it, for me though...
1. Heated screen (Sadly I think Ford still the only company making this?)
2. Sunroof/Panoroof
3. Steering wheel stereo controls (my now 11 year old Skoda doesn;t have this, I don't know if there's many cars without nowadays, but boy do I miss it)

Ford patient is over for exclusive however other brands pay to use it I believe so some offer as optional extra

Costs a lot to replace the windscreen in a ford mind