Do your clubs fit in your car boot?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've a Nissan Pulsar and my cart bag, with all clubs in place, fit across the front of the boot, the leccy trolley, battery and golf shoes all go further in the boot.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Got a Touareg. A decent sized boot for such a huge car but, if I want the clubs to fit in anything other than diagonally, the driver still has to come out of the bag.
Same with my Touran. But that's preferable to my previous car where I had to fold the back seats down (Audi Q2). This way, everything is out of sight if I have to leave the clubs in the car.

sunshine

Visit site
VW shouldn’t be allowed to manufacture a car called a “golf” that doesn’t fit golf clubs in the boot.

I’ve had 3 golfs and had no problems fitting my bag in the boot without having to remove any clubs.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
VW Polo and VW Golf. Clubs on back seat, trolley in boot. Take driver and 5w out of bag and no issue getting bag in boot and driver and 5w fit diagonally. But then no room for trolley.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
If its just a short journey I stand the bag upright in rear footwell. Longer then I’ll lay it across rear seats.
More than one bag then I fold down the smaller part of the 60/40 rear seat split and slide them in

Car isn’t really important, it seems to fit like this in any car without taking clubs out

Don't use a trolly

Springveldt

Visit site
I’ve got an xc90 these days so I can fit everyone on the forum’s bag in, and if I fold down the middle row, their trolleys too.

The only useful contribution I have really, given it’s obvious it would be no problem to get the clubs in an xc90, is that I can get them in length ways, just.

I did have a bmw 3 series (saloon), not the latest one, its predecessor, and I could get the clubs and bag in horizontally with the driver and three wood removed, which then easily fitted in over the top of them on a slight angle.

I miss the 3 series, but with three kids, the tank has its place….
I've got a 3 series GT, the boot is massive on the thing and the clubs including driver go in horizontally without an issue.

I had one for 4 years. At the time I was doing university runs with my kids, holidays with them as well. Great car for effectively 4 adults plus luggage. Even with the standard 2.0d, 150bhp, it never struggled, consistently averaged over 50mpg, 52-55 on the whole. A mapped one would have been interesting 😄

Great car for a golfer, as you discovered. It's gone now, don't need such a big car anymore, but I have nothing but praise for it.
Years ago I had a Fabia vRS that I got mapped, was pretty nippy. Changed to an Octavia vRS Estate (diesel one) and mapped that as well and I thought it was pretty quick. Now had a 335D GT for a few years which makes both of my old cars feel slow. It gets 50mpg on the motorway, has a big hatchback boot and a shedload of leg room in the back. Great car, I've seen people online get them mapped, I was tempted but think it's a bit overkill. It's already got over 300bhp not sure it needs more.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
IMG-20230902-WA0015.jpeg

This was the SMax on a trip down to the Midlands in september, 4 bags and 3 trolleys (we got a powakaddy in the top left when my mate arrived). Middle seat was dropped for the overnight bags to sit on.

Perfect car for a little trip and still loads of room for everyone in the back seats.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
View attachment 50972

This was the SMax on a trip down to the Midlands in september, 4 bags and 3 trolleys (we got a powakaddy in the top left when my mate arrived). Middle seat was dropped for the overnight bags to sit on.

Perfect car for a little trip and still loads of room for everyone in the back seats.

The dirt and mud on the wheels is doing my head in, I may have to photoshop this 😒

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got a 3 series GT, the boot is massive on the thing and the clubs including driver go in horizontally without an issue.

Years ago I had a Fabia vRS that I got mapped, was pretty nippy. Changed to an Octavia vRS Estate (diesel one) and mapped that as well and I thought it was pretty quick. Now had a 335D GT for a few years which makes both of my old cars feel slow. It gets 50mpg on the motorway, has a big hatchback boot and a shedload of leg room in the back. Great car, I've seen people online get them mapped, I was tempted but think it's a bit overkill. It's already got over 300bhp not sure it needs more.

I had the 330d, I loved it. If there's a better all-round engine out there (I'm counting the 35d as essentially the same engine), I'd like to see it in action! As you say, 50 mpg no bother on a run, 0-60 in 5 seconds. Superb.

I couldn't live with the looks of the GT version, but I know that's very much a personal thing!

sunshine

Visit site
My mate has a 3 series estate (previous version) and he can fit bags horizontally which is great for fitting multiple golf bags in the boot.

Slightly annoyed that I can't fit my golf bag horizontally or vertically in my A6 estate as it is a long car.