Do your clubs fit in your car boot?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I find that once I've slammed the boot shut four or five times the clubs fit perfectly. :D

Seriously though....Pug 508SW...swallows my clubs and leccy trolley without issue.

JayB

Visit site
My old Audi A4 saloon would fit the club in diagonally, with all clubs in bag with room to spare for a trolley.

MX5, not a chance, clubs on front seat and Stewart R1-S push trolley in carry bag would just fit through the boot opening.

Hyundai i30N - Clubs fit diagonally, although my driver has a slightly shorter shaft, standard length and I need to jam it in to the corner to get the bottom of the bag past the opening, once in it is fine. Also, enough room to fit my M1 trolley. Unfortunately dropping the rear seats isn't an option so struggle when I take my lad as well.

Currently looking at changing my car, never really considered it before as just made it work no matter, but will definitely pay more attention to boot space now

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
A5 coupe sees the clubs fit diagonally in a full size cart bag and room for the Powakaddy CT6 in one rear corner, plus space for a holdall, shoe bag and other smaller items should you need them.
Can even get a couple of shopping bags in on the way home, if she's demanded it! 😉

mister v

Visit site
Nissan Navara with a truckman back , this is my 3rd one and its the perfect bit of kit for golf clubs , i had a ford ranger with just the roller shutter but not as much room as you'd think.
when we play recipricols we can get 4 of us in with bags and trolleys no problem.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't know why this has been bumped.. but, no. I drive a Ford Fiesta, so I leave the smaller portion of the back seats down and put the clubs vertically through there. I could fit the bag in the boot if I took the driver and woods out each time, but that is more faff to me than just putting them through onto the folded seat. Especially as I never need the back seat in my car so I leave it folded down permanently.

If me and my wife are playing together (i.e. baby is being looked after elsewhere) then we'll go in the Qashqai, and we can fit two golf bags and two trolleys in the boot of that, no trouble.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Since my original post on here, I've changed from the hearse that was the Pug 508 SW to a Pug 3008....I knew when I bought it that the clubs and trolley would be a tight fit and so it proved. So much so, that I "had" to buy a new more compact trolley (CT8) that was able to stand vertically in the boot giving space for the cart bag of clubs to lie diagonally across the boot....end even then I need to remove the driver from the bag.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
MX5, not a chance, clubs on front seat and Stewart R1-S push trolley in carry bag would just fit through the boot opening.

I had a MX5 (NB) for ages. Clubs went in the boot together with a two wheel pull trolley. Admittedly, tour bags were out of the question.

Now got a Boxster (986), clubs and shoe bag in the back boot and a Motocaddy Cube (and overnight bag when required) in the front boot.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Since my original post on here, I've changed from the hearse that was the Pug 508 SW to a Pug 3008....I knew when I bought it that the clubs and trolley would be a tight fit and so it proved. So much so, that I "had" to buy a new more compact trolley (CT8) that was able to stand vertically in the boot giving space for the cart bag of clubs to lie diagonally across the boot....end even then I need to remove the driver from the bag.
Highlights how the xx litres in the specs don't give the full picture - especially as that measures up to boot shelf.
Another SW owner who's been looking around at the suv swamped market.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I drive a ford torneo connect so never a problem but had a Toyota chr previously and managed to get my gear in there fine. The key is having an indentation in the boot above the wheel arches so you have slip your wood heads into first. Fords are notoriously bad for blocking this up.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have been obsessed about fitting my gear in the boot in the past. Always took my golf bag with me on a car hunt, opening the boot is step one at a dealers. My Skoda Superb was spot on, a doddle, an old E Class managed no bother. I currently have a Mazda 6 estate, fine, but I realised now that I rarely need such a big boot, kids all left home now, and my next car will be smaller, maybe something like a VW Golf. I know the clubs and trolley wont fit in the boot, I'll just put the back seats down flat. Once you accept that it opens up a much wider choice of cars.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, they will go in both straight up and down or diagonally. I prefer them diagonally as it leaves a perfect shaped space for my PK to slip in to and a space at the back for shoes and other stuff if needed. That's in a BMW 8 series gran Coupe.

In the 3 series, they only fit diagonally but the gap for the trolley isn't as good, but still fits. They won't go in straight without the seat down. But as I seldom take the 3er to the golf it's a moot point really.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Swapped my F11 5 series for a newer G31 5 series and was pleasantly surprised to find the boot is wider as they have changed how the side trims are done.

I can easily fit 2 bags in and a trolley if needed with the back seats up.
Most of the time I just drop one side of the back seats and slide the clubs in there and put trolleys in the other side.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Got a Touareg. A decent sized boot for such a huge car but, if I want the clubs to fit in anything other than diagonally, the driver still has to come out of the bag.