Do your clubs fit in your car boot?

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
To add to the list, I've got a Mercedes E-class coupe at the moment and the hybrid carry bag fits perfectly straight across with driver left in the bag. My old Audi A4 Saloon needed the bag to go diagonally to achieve that, I was amazed the Merc was bigger as it looks so much smaller. Tardis qualities I guess (until you get in the back seat). Not using a trolley at the moment but I think I could easily get the go-kart in if I wanted to.

Makes me think that next time the soft top version would still take the bag even with the roof down. Just need to persuade Mrs Comma it would be a great idea :p

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I'm looking at getting one. Would you recommend?
Yes. I had the previous model in 2lt turbo diesel hatchback format for 12 years, great car. I got the new model in September, 2lt petrol saloon, not the fastest car in the world, but I love it. It's fully loaded with toys, quiet and comfortable. If it has an issue it is the boot, large enough, but the opening is tiny. Not a bad thing as I can no longer fill the car full of junk.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
They are a handsome car. A golfing friend of mine has one but only since this all kicked off so I have yet to be in it as a passenger. Are you happy with it? Drive well?

Yeah, overall very happy. Some annoying issues with the sound system that the dealer can’t rectify, but hopefully will be sorted in a couple of weeks during its next visit! Super smooth ride even on coils, but if I was buying again I would spec air suspension, and pan roof!

MrGrumtastic

Visit site
One of the criteria when I got my most recent car was the boot space. For family trips and fitting golf clubs!
I currently drive a Tesla Model S which has a huge boot, noticeably bigger and wider than the C-class estate I had before. It easily swallows the golf bag without taking any clubs out.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
New car over lockdown, supposedly fits golf clubs in the boot but not heard anything about trolleys, I’ll find out in the morning!! Think there’s a chance the trolley will be in the passenger seat

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The A Class is a contender - would a single bag fit without dropping the back seat do you think?

Not without taking clubs out, which I didn't even bother with, just dropped the seat ?. On a side note, the motor itself is extremely fun, really enjoy driving it.

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a Mazda CX-30. Can fit clicgear trolley and bag in but have to remove the woods. Driver will only fit in diagonally. Not usually a problem as clubs spend the majority of their time in my club locker.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I have the newer model Range Rover sport although Not suitable given the current climate I can get 4 bags in the boot and and myself and 3 PP’s in the car.

If we were all to use trolleys I’ll just give one PP a lift with their trolley and cart bag and we will go in two cars typically for the 4ball.

I reckon I could get 3 trolleys and 3 cart bags in at a push but would have to fold 2 of the rear seats down and keep one seat for a passenger

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've got one of the new Kia Proceed shooting brake type motors. I get a tour bag and motocaddy electric trolley in without dropping seats and can pull the roller cover over so they are out of sight. As someone else said you need width, you need a boot where there is a section that the wheel arches don't intrude into such as an estate or saloon. I had a VW Jetta a few years back, basically a saloon version of the golf, boot was massive and swallowed all my golf gear.

Got the same motor at the moment - back seats down & it’s fine for 2 tour bags, 2 elec trolleys and luggage ?

“Saving the planet” from July - model 3 Tesla on order, anyone got one? Carry bag went in no issue, just wondering if anyone had big bag & trolley in one?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Currently in a Mitsubishi Barbarian so I have a ton of space to take my clubs and a few more as well. Easily take 4 sets and luggage for those 4 people like we did for th me Machrihanish/Machrie trip last year.
Changing to the Skoda Superb Estate soon so will lose a lot of space.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had a Passat estate which was brilliant, absolutely massive boot space. Wife pestered me to change it as it was "too big" for her to drive. Changed to an Audi Q2 six months ago, she has driven it twice ....

Can just about get my bag in the boot by taking driver and hybrids out and laying them across, but it's such a faff I just put it on the back seat.

sunshine

Visit site
A boot capable of swallowing my golf bag is a must for me. Driving to golf is one of the key reasons I have a car.

Don't understand why anyone posting on this forum would drive a car which cannot accommodate golf clubs!

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a Nissan Qashqai and it easily takes my electric trolley and clubs horizontally without taking any clubs out. Plenty of space.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Skoda Rapid, not the spaceback, (which actually has smaller boot) Powakaddy and big bag with room to spare. Rapid saloon has bigger boot than mate's Mondeo. Octavia post #14 has even larger boot. Skodas can have same engines as Seats. Don't always go by the boot volume on the spec, this is misleading when looking at SUVs - floor area of boot is prob more important for a golfer.

Just bought a blue rinse coloured Rapid as a second car. It’s brilliant! Clubs went in without any issue this morning. Could easily fit 2-3 bags or 2 bags and trollies.

Main car is a Skoda Kodiaq and clubs go in there no issue as well.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Currently in a Mitsubishi Barbarian so I have a ton of space to take my clubs and a few more as well. Easily take 4 sets and luggage for those 4 people like we did for th me Machrihanish/Machrie trip last year.
Changing to the Skoda Superb Estate soon so will lose a lot of space.
Yes, you'll lose space, but shouldn't be an issue as you'll still get 4 bags and 4 luggage into the Superb Estate. The Estate has more capacity than the Hatchback, and I know my Hatchback will take 4b + 4 l.