Do your clubs fit in your car boot?

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
Got an XC40 in November so up to now not had chance to see , that will change in an hour (y)previous had qashqai that was fine but a bit tight , BMW 1 series hatch had to remove driver and before that 08 plate civic , bloody brilliant plenty of space and the magic rear seat system , just brilliant .

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have had 2 perfect cars for club carriage -
Fiat multipla (rip), could comfortably fit 4 adults and clubs.
Toyita iq - current 2nd car - as short as a 2 up smart, but bag with woods in fits inside the boot.
I also have 1 rubbish car - golf (ironically), boot is too narrow, so have to use rear seat.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
TBH the more i think about it the more it makes sense, get golf clubs, Dogs and MTB in no issues and wouldn't have to worry how dirty the back got, could then have something more sporty for normal use
Why I'm keeping my ol' mum's 56-plate Ford Fusion. It served her very well and it most definitely is not sporty - but as a locker on wheels it's the bees knees - loads of room when I drop the back seats down.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Got an XC40 in November so up to now not had chance to see , that will change in an hour (y)previous had qashqai that was fine but a bit tight , BMW 1 series hatch had to remove driver and before that 08 plate civic , bloody brilliant plenty of space and the magic rear seat system , just brilliant .

Some of the Skoda SUV's have clever rear seats now.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Can they do that with a cart bag or just a carry bag? I'm not trying to be tricksy but using a cart bag does add an extra few cm's.

I don’t do carry bags and could get a trolley bag and a trolley into the boot of an 06 Jazz. It was tight but it fitted. I doubt they would fit into her Seat Ibiza as well. The Jazz was in blue and was known as The Tardis for good reason. ;)

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site

Oh well just tried and i have to take out the driver and 3 wood to get them in across the back :( oh well .With the seats down will have no problem

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On previous civics the bag used to go across the boot, but in my lastest they've used the bits at the side above the wheels to house the tools and bits for wheel changing ( used to sit under the floor shelf), but the bag still goes in diagonally.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Range Rover Velar - bag fits horizontally without any issues. No need to remove driver etc. Plenty of space for another bag diagonally and probably one trolley, although haven’t tried that!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Range Rover Velar - bag fits horizontally without any issues. No need to remove driver etc. Plenty of space for another bag diagonally and probably one trolley, although haven’t tried that!
They are a handsome car. A golfing friend of mine has one but only since this all kicked off so I have yet to be in it as a passenger. Are you happy with it? Drive well?

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got a Volvo v60 a couple of weeks ago and its only had single clubs in (over the last 2 days when I’ve been to the range).

I’m assuming all my gear should easily fit in though.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
You might not have them on the estate, mine is the hatchback. They are to the sides, front of the boot where the side lights are. The plastic inserts mean you can put things in there and they don't roll around in the boot. Lift the inserts out and it gives you extra width at that point. Without removing those you would have to put your bag in diagonally or simply remove your driver.

View attachment 35885View attachment 35886View attachment 35885View attachment 35886

Thanks for that, but the estate has 2 closable storage boxes there and one of them houses the second battery.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a Skoda Karoq, which I believe is the same as the Seat Ateca. I have to fold one of the rea seats so the bag goes lengthways, but an old PowaKaddy fits in with the other rear seat pushed forward. I had an Octavia before that and 2 bags and 2 trolleys, plus luggage, no problem

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are a handsome car. A golfing friend of mine has one but only since this all kicked off so I have yet to be in it as a passenger. Are you happy with it? Drive well?
My mates got one .
It’s more comfy than my couch.
But a lot more expensive.
I am only a lottery win away from a Bentley my clubs will fit in that no prob.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
My mates don't. Well all but the driver, which he left at the side of his car after playing as her loaded up the boot and forgot to put it in the back of his car and drove off. No it hasn't been handed in as yet.

Great start to his season.......poor show by the members and guests. I hope it does get handed in.

Checked in shop this morning. Wasn't / Hasn't been........yet

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm fortunate enough to live a 10 minute walk from my club where everything fits into my locker, albeit with the same degree of difficulty as completing a Rubik cube. If I did need to transport them I can fit it all very comfortably into the boot of my Mazda 6, although in the previous model the hatchback was huge and could easily fit a couple of sets and trolleys.

The daddy of them all however is my mates Renault Espace 7 seater. When he's not using it to transport his cement mixer it is used for our annual golfing trip. It can comfortably accommodate four adults, their golf bags, trolleys and overnight bags. It has a bit of poke as well.

I'm looking at getting one. Would you recommend?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s also the makers seem to box in the wheel arches.
If they just carpeted the arch it would make more space.
Need some golfers in the design dept.
When I was looking to replace an old Fiesta about 7 years back, I bemoaned the fact that as cars get bigger, their boots seem to get smaller.
The dealer told me that it's down to crash testing - they are beefing up the wheel arches to improve survivability of rear-end shunts.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I live in a road with no off-road parking so as much as I'd love a bigger car, the smaller the car, the more chance I have of squeezing in to a tight spot in the road!
A car that is short in length, but very large in boot space is the Citroen C3 Picasso. Available only used. Only drawback with this car is that it looks like you're driving a mini-ambulance. Other than that, a really good compromise of small car and huge boot. Price, ride-comfort, mpg etc all good.