Will Manufacturers Drive Dress Code Change in Clubs?

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s called common sense. Sometimes when I’m driving and I have right of way I let other drivers through because it improves the flow of traffic (or even because I’m feeling nice). I’m not sticking rigidly to the rules, I’m exercising judgment.

What is it with you and rules?

Rules are the fabric of modern society, following those rules is what I would expect to see from any decent citizen

Golf is a sport whose integrity is founded on people following the rules set out by the sport and by the clubs and I will always ask if someone refused to follow a rule by the club what other rule will they refuse to follow - basically because they think it inconveniences them

When it comes to golf and rules we have a choice - if you don’t like the rules set by the club then ask for them to be changed by going through the process - if they don’t then follow the rules or move to a new club. That’s showing the very bare minimum of respect

I’m not happy with all the rules and at times it’s gone through AGM’s to change them and then it’s up to the members to decide

it’s always the same with dress codes or shoe changing etc - be respectful and have the common decency as a human being to follow the rules they set out , none of them are going to cause you any harm or pain

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bar levies are a joke.
I spend hundreds in my club every year through choice. Ridiculous (possibly illegal) how some clubs put on a levy.

D

Deleted member 15344

Bar levies are a joke.
I spend hundreds in my club every year through choice. Ridiculous (possibly illegal) how some clubs put on a levy.
Again people have the choice - if they don’t like the levy they can go to a club that doesn’t have one ?

They are they to help the clubs income streams , to encourage people to use the facilities - have a bite to eat and a drink , some use the pro shop etc

They aren’t doing it to gain profit and I don’t see how they can be illegal

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We are going off tack a little here but if your product is good enough, bar area, food and drink on offer at fair pricing, then there is no need for levies. Get the product right, don't try to strong arm members.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Again people have the choice - if they don’t like the levy they can go to a club that doesn’t have one ?

They are they to help the clubs income streams , to encourage people to use the facilities - have a bite to eat and a drink , some use the pro shop etc

They aren’t doing it to gain profit and I don’t see how they can be illegal

Charging for services not received is not legal.

D

Deleted member 15344

Charging for services not received is not legal.

Or the club are giving you some money back from your fees to give you some money to spend in the bar ? - they could just take the levy away and charge the same prices ?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I too step outside the boundary of the course to change my shoes now the rule is back in force post covid. I often wait around so the blazer brigade witness the act. I don't know why but I really get off on it.
My last "win" was following my protest at the mandatory £70 bar levy (I never use the bar) the captain and secretary said "oh well". Durring a society I purchased a round of £70 worth of drinks and took great pleasure at the captain witnessing me depositing the cash into my wallet whilst I slapped my card on the bar ?

If it's that bad, why are you still there?