Sex discrimination in golf

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I guess that the question then has to be, were the women asked if they would like the option to play off other tees. I can see the original situations being an omission but was this followed up with any request for the raters to attend again. With regards the demand, with the majority of members being men and with the way that the women are sometimes treated at clubs, I am not surprised that there is not an audible clamour for the ladies to be allowed to play off the 'mens' tees'.

Not having a go at you or, indeed, your club, just expressing the frustration as to the inequalities that exist within golf clubs in general.
As I see it the problem is we still see Men’s and Ladies tees .
Not Members tees !
All tees should be rated for all members.
So forward tees , middle tees , back tees, and comp tees if you have them.

If more members start using the forward tees then they will need upgrading to a standard and size to accommodate the members that use them.
At my club the “ red tees “ are on the main tees mostly.
But we do have quite a few Ladies and the tees that are forward of the main tee are maintained to a very high standard.
As they should be as the Ladies pay the same as the rest of us.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As I see it the problem is we still see Men’s and Ladies tees .
Not Members tees !
All tees should be rated for all members.
So forward tees , middle tees , back tees, and comp tees if you have them.

If more members start using the forward tees then they will need upgrading to a standard and size to accommodate the members that use them.
At my club the “ red tees “ are on the main tees mostly.
But we do have quite a few Ladies and the tees that are forward of the main tee are maintained to a very high standard.
As they should be as the Ladies pay the same as the rest of us.

I know some clubs will struggle with space but changing to defining it as members tees may allow quite different distances and even angles to fairways so you feel you have more variation when play your home course.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played today, young lad said to me, the two ladies haven’t even looked behind them.
I said to him “ that’s because they have been abused by the old boys and now any one in trousers gets ignored due to being potentially rude.”
This is where we have got, I try my best to be polite and change this but seriously needs to be addressed and we need to get everyone to respect each other … and let me play through ?