Discrimination

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Obviously you people don’t understand where I am coming from. I have been playing since I was 15 years old and still play off 15 and hit my drives 210 mitres and I have been a club captain. I know all about course preservation and thee blue lines are sometimes 30 meters from the front of the green straight across the fairway with a sign carts must stay on the path until the next tee. It always everywhere I have played, stay 10 metres from the green. This Captain we have had for two years has an ego bigger than the clubhouse. Our course now has more signs and lines than our Bruce Highway. He has to go. I have won 2 Club Championships, 2 District Championships, 4 holes in one, one on a 284 yard par 4 and an Albatros on a par 5.
An old friend and playing partner was allowed to drive up to the side of tees and greens because of a foot problem. I don’t want that.much. If allowed, I still have a lot of golf left in me. You POMS do think funny.

If you are still driving the ball 210m then you have enough mobility to walk 30m. We have a guy who’s 85, barely plays off 30 and hits the ball about 150yrds. He uses a ride on and due to our terrain and location of paths walks more than 30yards to each green with no moaning. He also walks around 100-150m from the ride on she to his car.

I’m sure there are multiple examples of day to day life where you walk more than 30m, this simply seems a case of toys and pram simply because you’ve been told no.

Last edited:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Obviously you people don’t understand where I am coming from. I have been playing since I was 15 years old and still play off 15 and hit my drives 210 mitres and I have been a club captain. I know all about course preservation and thee blue lines are sometimes 30 meters from the front of the green straight across the fairway with a sign carts must stay on the path until the next tee. It always everywhere I have played, stay 10 metres from the green. This Captain we have had for two years has an ego bigger than the clubhouse. Our course now has more signs and lines than our Bruce Highway. He has to go. I have won 2 Club Championships, 2 District Championships, 4 holes in one, one on a 284 yard par 4 and an Albatros on a par 5.
An old friend and playing partner was allowed to drive up to the side of tees and greens because of a foot problem. I don’t want that.much. If allowed, I still have a lot of golf left in me. You POMS do think funny.
How do you walk to the shops from the car park ? Walk from your front door to the car ?

If you are unable to walk 30 yards then you are going to struggle in many walks of life I guess

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
If you are still driving the ball 210m then you have enough mobility to walk 30m. We have a guy who’s 85, barely plays off 30 and hits the ball about 150yrds. He uses a ride on and due to our terrain and location of paths walks more than 30yards to each green with no moaning. He also walks around 100-150m from the ride on she to his car.

I’m sure there are multiple examples of day to day life where you walk more than 30m, this simply seems a case of toys and pram simply because you’ve been told no.
How do you walk to the shops from the car park ? Walk from your front door to the car ?

If you are unable to walk 30 yards then you are going to struggle in many walks of life I guess

I finally gave up golf 2 years ago, h’cap 6 at the time. In my last competitive game, last game, I won longest drive. But from the 12th onwards I struggled to walk 10 yds, and had been using a buggy for 4 years. It had been heading towards that for a few years.

After two days laid up, full of pain killers, I could walk a few hundred yards again but having tried to play golf a number of times in the previous two years I just struggled horrendously from the turn onwards. After several consultants in the last 18yrs, lots of drugs & physio it was time to acknowledge I couldn’t play any more.

I don’t doubt the OP struggles - “walk a mile in his shoes” - nor would I criticise him ‘fighting’ to carry on playing. God knows after 50+yrs playing I’d sell my soul to be able to play again.

But as I said earlier in the thread, we’ve only heard one side of the story…