Motocaddy S1

Dollybops

Visit site
I wonder if anyone could help me with a problem I have with my Motocaddy S1. Its 5 years old [two of those years it wasnt used due to covid] Last week I played with a fully charged battery and the batttery died at the 14th hole. Never had an issue with it before. Now, this might be a "blonde" thing but up to last week I never noticed the battery indicator on the handle, never knew it was there :rolleyes: I have fully charged my battery now and connected it to the cart but the battery indicator is 3/4 green and 1/4 red. Im due to play another 18 holes on Monday and am wondering if this battery indicator should be fully green. When charging the battery it goes to green after about 5 hours. Sorry for the long rant.

cunnini

Visit site
mine goes fully green - suggestion - does anyone you play with have same battery - if so, connect thir battery to your trolley (having checked theirs is fully charged) - does it register fully green, ditto swapping your battery into their trolley - check to see is it your trolley registering incorrect charge levels or your battery not charging fully.

I'd then ask to borrow their charger and charge your batter on that - again identifying if charger or battery at fault....

Dollybops

Visit site
mine goes fully green - suggestion - does anyone you play with have same battery - if so, connect thir battery to your trolley (having checked theirs is fully charged) - does it register fully green, ditto swapping your battery into their trolley - check to see is it your trolley registering incorrect charge levels or your battery not charging fully.

I'd then ask to borrow their charger and charge your batter on that - again identifying if charger or battery at fault....
That is a very clever idea, never thought of that :D Thanks so much for your advice, now to find someone with the same battery as me!

Springveldt

Visit site
If it's a lithium battery then it may just be coming to the end of it's life. My Motocaddy is 5 years old now and the last few rounds I've noticed I've had to set the speed to 8 and even 9 on occasions but it's still lasting the full 18 holes just now. I'm expecting to have to replace the battery at some point this season.

Dollybops

Visit site
If it's a lithium battery then it may just be coming to the end of it's life. My Motocaddy is 5 years old now and the last few rounds I've noticed I've had to set the speed to 8 and even 9 on occasions but it's still lasting the full 18 holes just now. I'm expecting to have to replace the battery at some point this season.
Yes mine is lithium, I'm beginning to think its coming to its end. Dont have to turn the dial up, speed is still the same. Cant believe the price for a replacement, its half the price of a brand new cart.