Rating and Slope

Swango1980

Visit site
Would you try and demean someone's handicap?
Maybe that is why men and women are handicapped differently. It gives men, with a fragile ego, an argument to tell women with equal or lower handicaps than themselves that "you still aren't better than me, as you play off noddy tees and have different handicap ratings"

Whereas, if we were all handicapped exactly the same, a few men might feel ashamed to have a higher handicap than some women :)

Danboy

Visit site
That is not the small groups that I mentioned.

1. percentage of all golfers who are female and hit the ball shorter than the shortest hitting male golfer.
2. percentage of all golfers who are male and hit the ball further than the longest hitting female golfer.

In this imagined single handicap system there will be a model scratch human - it will make no difference what gender that model scratch golfer is.
I really can't see a tiny fraction of a minority of golfers really leading a significant change to the WHS system for no apparent benefit to themselves.
Certainly lots of opinions and other light hearted comments here. Was looking for THE answer by GHIN, USGA, RNA or other. There are many very fit 77 year olds who enjoy the game and can play. If you’re not there and you’re lucky “you’ll get your turn”. Of the 18 holes how many should a good player be able to reach in “regulation”. No worries, Maybe I missed it. I’ll keep searching. Fairways & Greens.