Sunningdale Old and New & Addington information with tee times.

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17920

Notes for all players for Sunningdale and Addington.

Competition guidelines

Please see below for the tee times.

The main competition will be played over the 2 rounds at Sunningdale Old and New.

The Addington round will be a separate comp run by Cameron, please pay your £4 to him on the day.

If you are just playing at Sunningdale we shall see you there.

It will be a full handicap stableford. Gents will be Yellow Tees at Sunningdale for both rounds, they will not let societies play from the white tees.

Ladies will play from the ladies tees.

If you don’t have a club handicap that is current please can you let me know ASAP.

Although this is a society meet etc. we are treating this like a club competition as we have prizes for each day and for the overall tournament.

Therefore, no gimmee’s, all card must be signed, handicap on card and 2 signatures.

We will have to DQ if the cards are incorrect. One player per card please plus the marker and please can you clearly write names of both so we can understand who it is as we have 128 cards each day to check.

Tee times will also be displayed in the clubhouse.

The cards are to be put in the big brown box in the clubhouse once you have finished. I have marked it as Woodhall Spa cards.

Cards not returned will be treated as a NR. Its not compulsory to play in the comp but its included in the price.

Sorry if this seems harsh but it is to ensure a level playing field.

Nearest the pins will be on all the Par 3’s at Sunningdale, we have separate nearest the pins for each section.

Dress Code

Please take note.

Sunningdale operate a very strict dress code, we must respect this. Please read the info below.

Please do not change your shoes in the car park.

Mobile phones are not to be used in the clubhouse.

Dress: Smart casual wear is required in the bars, but golf shoes are not allowed. In the Dining room a jacket is required. Tailored shorts may be worn on the courses and in the bars provided they are worn with plain white golf socks.

Notes From Sunningdale

This guide is distributed for the benefit of all Golf Day visitors to ensure that you have the maximum enjoyment from your day at Sunningdale.

Arrival: On Arrival Guests should check in for their golf day at The Golfers’ Reception in the Pro Shop. The notice board at reception and the foot of the stairs in the Clubhouse will indicate in which room your group will be based for the day. The Critchley Room is on the ground floor and the Championship Room is on the first floor.

Changing Room: The Visitors Changing Rooms are on the first floor, Ladies at the top of the stairs, Gentlemen through the double doors and to the right.

Pace of Play: The maximum time allocated for the round is as follows: -4 balls: 4 hours. Please keep up with the group in front.

Mobile Telephones: These may be used in your car and the Visitors Locker Room only. Please do not use them on the golf course, in the bars, lounges and dining rooms or on the paths and verandas that surround the Clubhouse.

Halfway House: Close to the 10th greens of the two courses is a Halfway House where refreshments are offered, e.g. soup, sausages, sandwiches and drinks. The recommended stop at the hut is 5 minutes.

Clubhouse Hours: The Clubhouse will open at 7.30 a.m.

Warning: Golfers are warned, before you play any type of shot; check that any other golfer, member of staff or members of the public are out of range. Greenkeepers regularly work on the courses during the day and there are public roads, rights of way and bridle paths crossing the courses. Beware!

Please remember to take all your belongings away with you.

SECURITY AT SUNNINGDALE

All visitors to Sunningdale require a PIN number to gain access through the main gates, to the locker rooms and to exit the main gates when they leave.

The PIN number for the​

Woodhall Spa Golf Day​

on​

Tuesday 23rd July is ****​

The PIN number for the​

Woodhall Spa Golf Day​

on​

Wednesday 24th July is ****

I will email these out as Sunningdale don't want them posted online.​

Please ensure that all the guests to your golf day are given this PIN number before they arrive at Sunningdale.

It is imperative that this PIN number is not divulged to anyone not associated with your golf day. It is valid only for the date specified above.

BEWARE OTHER GOLFERS, PEDESTRIANS, CYCLISTS and HORSE-RIDERS

Tee times are below, please make a note of your time and what tee you are starting from. You must be on the tee 10 mins before your tee time, if you are running late, we can’t wait for you as we have 64 golfers playing in each section and Sunningdale will not let us tee off late.

There is a practice ground and tokens are included so please pop in the shop for a token for the range.

Food

Sunningdale

For those playing in the Tuesday Morning section

Breakfast is included at Sunningdale from 07.30 (the clubhouse opens at 07.30 but the golf shop opens at 07.00)

Lunch is a rolling carvery.

For those playing Tuesday afternoon

No food is included beforehand

Afternoon tea is included afterwards.

Then Wednesday morning section

Breakfast is included at Sunningdale from 07.30

Lunch is a rolling carvery.

For those playing in the Wednesday afternoon section

No food is included beforehand

Afternoon tea is included afterwards.

Due to restrictions with mobile phones please make notes of your tee times and all other details.

Please note, we want everyone to enjoy themselves but please remember we are also there to play golf so please ask questions but understand we need to be on the tee on time or we may want a quick practice also.

Thanks

Glyn & Cameron

D

Deleted member 25172

Thanks so much for all the work organizing this. Top stuff!

Stupid question incoming: jacket only, or do they assume that when saying jacket that means tie going with it?

D

Deleted member 25172

I'm a bit worried when it is clearly stated that Sunningdale don't allow for groups to tee off late as @Captainron is teeing off in the first group on both days. Surely that will have a knock on effect with delayed tee times as he'll be off looking for his first tee shot out in the woods?

That based on what I've read on the forum... ;)

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I'm a bit worried when it is clearly stated that Sunningdale don't allow for groups to tee off late as @Captainron is teeing off in the first group on both days. Surely that will have a knock on effect with delayed tee times as he'll be off looking for his first tee shot out in the woods?

But which woods.... Usually not on the course I am actually playing.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Depends how many of the balls he hits off the 1st tee that he decides to look for :unsure:

D

Deleted member 17920

Did FIFA do that draw?

#rigged
Since you pulled out we didn't have to worry about the draw.

Don't worry helping him find his balls, you will be knackered.

Save yourself ;)

D

Deleted member 21258

ButcherCD seems to have a busy 24th, I would recommend he gets a buggy to save running backwards and forwards;)

Edit, Hope you have a great time.

D

Deleted member 17920

ButcherCD seems to have a busy 24th, I would recommend he gets a buggy to save running backwards and forwards;)

Edit, Hope you have a great time.
Ah yes. I shall edit that in a bit 😉

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks so much for all the work organizing this. Top stuff!

Stupid question incoming: jacket only, or do they assume that when saying jacket that means tie going with it?

Just bumping this as it seems to have been overlooked, but is it just jacket or is it tie as well?

D

Deleted member 17920

Last time we were there it was just a jacket , most from what I remember just wore the jacket over their golf stuff
That’s exactly what it is.

No shirt and tie needed.

If it was I would have to get mine back from the war museum 😉