who is your favourite?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Let’s not spoil the thread now ladies.
It’s who’s your favourite’s.

Keep on topic or start another thread 👍🏻👍🏻

D

Deleted member 21258

I still don't understand the comments that you should attend events/days as some do on the forum.:unsure:

Some of the people I like reading their posts are people I have never met and if I never meet it wont make a difference to what I think of them.

This for many is purely an internet forum to discuss golf and non golf matters. We need new blood who feel welcome otherwise the forum will just die (from content and natural wastage)

Attending days are a nice addition for sure and playing new courses is great but only if you are inclined like that.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The old guard were once the new guard.

15 of us in the NW didnt know each other from Adam, 7-8 years ago. 10-12 weekends away, 3-4 3-5 day golf holidays since have made us firm friends.

Due to going to a few H4H and other midlands/Southern meets weve got to know a good few of the Southern lads as well, some of who I would class as friends, now.

The only way to get the most out of this forum is to get along and meet a few, believe me, its not cliquey. Met a cracking fella (Jon, whose only been playing a year and think he will be a regular) and Pieman recently (two absolute gents). You also get the chance to play some exceptional courses also.

Its not for everyone coming to meets, but if your a sociable guy, get along.

Being a social guy and work on the premise that everyone is decent I would take up any opportunity to play golf with new people. This opportunity for me on this forum us unlikely to happen as I live in NI. Consider yourself lucky if you have the choice

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The old guard were once the new guard.

15 of us in the NW didnt know each other from Adam, 7-8 years ago. 10-12 weekends away, 3-4 3-5 day golf holidays since have made us firm friends.

Due to going to a few H4H and other midlands/Southern meets weve got to know a good few of the Southern lads as well, some of who I would class as friends, now.

The only way to get the most out of this forum is to get along and meet a few, believe me, its not cliquey. Met a cracking fella (Jon, whose only been playing a year and think he will be a regular) and Pieman recently (two absolute gents). You also get the chance to play some exceptional courses also.

Its not for everyone coming to meets, but if your a sociable guy, get along.

Thanks for the kind words Pete.

I have done a few meets now, never once met anyone I wouldn't have a beer and a chat with.

Some absolutely cracking people on here who all share a love of golf.

Its a brilliant place, 95% of the time

D

Deleted member 1147

you were a handsome chap when you were younger.(y)
I’ve only played with Nick once, but I can’t imagine him with hair “that would make a wolverine purr”!?!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
always enjoyed Smiffys posts, only played with him the once though, very amusing. used to be a load of guys on here who posted good stuff, many are long gone now though. Cabby Recently posted some interesting treads

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The nature of forums is that people come and go. Long termers also tend it believe it was better back in the day, same as most long termers at golf clubs. Memories tend to be rose tinted like that. Viz used to frequently make fun of themselves by quoting how the comic used to be better in the past. People would do well to remember that ability to laugh at themselves when they think of a 'golden age'..

I like a good number of of the posters here. I don't agree with all but as long as the point is sound I am happy to hear alternate views. As long as the posts are not personal a back and forth is good fun. An echo chamber forum would boost the ego but also become dull after a while. As with any forum there are the sore prodders, the irritants and the plain nasty people but that is a mirror of life so why should here be any different. As long as the good outweight the bad then it is worthwhile to keep coming along.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The nature of forums is that people come and go. Long termers also tend it believe it was better back in the day, same as most long termers at golf clubs. Memories tend to be rose tinted like that. Viz used to frequently make fun of themselves by quoting how the comic used to be better in the past. People would do well to remember that ability to laugh at themselves when they think of a 'golden age'..

I like a good number of of the posters here. I don't agree with all but as long as the point is sound I am happy to hear alternate views. As long as the posts are not personal a back and forth is good fun. An echo chamber forum would boost the ego but also become dull after a while. As with any forum there are the sore prodders, the irritants and the plain nasty people but that is a mirror of life so why should here be any different. As long as the good outweight the bad then it is worthwhile to keep coming along.
but how do you know its wasn't better back in the day, if you were not one there then??:);)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
but how do you know its wasn't better back in the day, if you were not one there then??:);)

Ha ha. Good point. Everyone's day is best if you speak to people. Music is a great example of that, as are tv shows, comedies in particular. We remember really good things or moments, forget the mediocre and just about remember the truly awful. Memory is interesting like that. I think that tends to apply to most situations so I don't see why the life of a forum would be any different.