who is your favourite?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I have strong opinions. I’m very black and white. I’ve attended a few meets including being lucky enough to attend a Ping day a few years ago which was fantastic. I always found most people very friendly though not all and some people were incredibly standoffish. That’s fine, no one gets on with everyone. I can get very chatty, be a bit of a gobshite but it’s all a coping mechanism to deal with some serious social anxiety and I never said a bad word about anyone. But then after I’d been to a couple I was told comments that had been made about me which I thought were over the top, overly personal and completely unnecessary.

I attended one more meet after that and the two main people who’d made some nasty remarks were both in attendance. I tried to offer an olive branch by chatting to them before and after the round but one was cold and the other downright nasty. I never went again because what’s the point when that’s the reception you get. People say that what’s said on here doesn’t translate to the golf course but I doubt that having witnessed it first hand. I couldn’t give a damn if someone agrees with my politics, religious views or whatever, I’ll happily play golf and a pint with them. But it clearly wasn’t the same the other way even though I wouldn’t discuss such things on a golf meet.

I don’t play much any more but I aim to again and the idea of attending a meet is terrifying because I’ve seen people I’ve had good rounds of golf with get so personal with me. It definitely isn’t just golf to a lot of people even though they’ll say it is.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have strong opinions. I’m very black and white. I’ve attended a few meets including being lucky enough to attend a Ping day a few years ago which was fantastic. I always found most people very friendly though not all and some people were incredibly standoffish. That’s fine, no one gets on with everyone. I can get very chatty, be a bit of a gobshite but it’s all a coping mechanism to deal with some serious social anxiety and I never said a bad word about anyone. But then after I’d been to a couple I was told comments that had been made about me which I thought were over the top, overly personal and completely unnecessary.

I attended one more meet after that and the two main people who’d made some nasty remarks were both in attendance. I tried to offer an olive branch by chatting to them before and after the round but one was cold and the other downright nasty. I never went again because what’s the point when that’s the reception you get. People say that what’s said on here doesn’t translate to the golf course but I doubt that having witnessed it first hand. I couldn’t give a damn if someone agrees with my politics, religious views or whatever, I’ll happily play golf and a pint with them. But it clearly wasn’t the same the other way even though I wouldn’t discuss such things on a golf meet.

I don’t play much any more but I aim to again and the idea of attending a meet is terrifying because I’ve seen people I’ve had good rounds of golf with get so personal with me. It definitely isn’t just golf to a lot of people even though they’ll say it is.
That surprises me... normally the golf breaks down that forum nonsense....even homer & Phil are buddies now🤣🤣

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
By the same token snidy little keyboard warriors dont often go to them because they remain keyboard warriors.

The likes of whom ? I can't honestly say I've seen anyone come over as a "keyboard warrior", plenty got plenty to say, but keyboard warrior ?? Doesn't that mean what they say online they wouldn't repeat in person ??

D

Deleted member 25172

Only been here for a few weeks so can’t say I have any particular favourites just yet. It’s been easier to identify a handful of people that I’d really not like to meet for a round of golf though.

Looking forward to meet up quite a few next month down in Kent, and who knows, perhaps I’ll join the “clique” after that?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Only been here for a few weeks so can’t say I have any particular favourites just yet. It’s been easier to identify a handful of people that I’d really not like to meet for a round of golf though.

Looking forward to meet up quite a few next month down in Kent, and who knows, perhaps I’ll join the “clique” after that?
You're already in it 👍

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

You need to have been to a least 5 meets before you’re allowed into the circle of trust....they don’t like strangers. Until then you’re just one of the ‘others’ 🤣🤣

D

Deleted member 25172

You need to have been to a least 5 meets before you’re allowed into the circle of trust....they don’t like strangers. Until then you’re just one of the ‘others’ 🤣🤣

Guessing it’ll take me back to the old days of being initiated in the football team, but instead of cleaning boots I’ll be cleaning clubs and be serving the clique with their bacon butties.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Guessing it’ll take me back to the old days of being initiated in the football team, but instead of cleaning boots I’ll be cleaning clubs and be serving the clique with their bacon butties.
More than likely making you tee it up on the ladies in a skirt:)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The likes of whom ? I can't honestly say I've seen anyone come over as a "keyboard warrior", plenty got plenty to say, but keyboard warrior ?? Doesn't that mean what they say online they wouldn't repeat in person ??

Yep, been quite a few on here over the years.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe, depends who’s on clique duty. You may have to be Chrisd’s man Servant for the day..I was. He makes some strange requests :cry::cry::cry: