who is your favourite?

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
Earlier tonight while out with another forum member we got round to chatting about who is the person who's posts you most like reading, who do you look for when seeing the names pop up and and who do you think generally gives the best advice, we also discussed who we didn't like and who we thought just went on etc. This is about celebrating our faves not knocking anyone, so i i will start.

My Fave is Tashyboy, Absolute nutter, can't understand half of what he has said, still get the opinion he loves his golf and never upsets (on Purpose) anyone else.

Who is next????????

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Was delc. I joined this forum because his mental ramblings amused me. Spotted him on the HDID forum and it was said that he comes on here. So I needed to read more of his “material”.
I’ll admit I’ve looked him up on Facebook and I don’t go without his entertainment.
Insane chap.

D

Deleted member 21258

I used to like reading Region3(no longer active on forum) posts, whilst I didn't always agree with him I always thought they had been posted with some thought behind them, could see his point and were sensible. For an active poster now, Shortgame posts are in a similar vein.

I like ChrisD posts, just for the relaxed manner he seems to look at things.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
LP ,i rarely agree with him but he makes interesting reading and on occasion has made me laugh with his stubborness to understand that others are allowed an opinion as well as him .
does that make him a favourite ,probably not .
Tashy does make me smile with his witterings and probably is my favourite.I also like Lord Tyrion as he says it like it is .
Homer is another that will always get my attention.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Blue in Munich......on music.

Knows the square root of F A about footy.:p

Nar, love his unbiased opinions on football, will call his team out if they err, but will fiercely defend them when criticised unfairly. Sadly the divvies have seen him and a few others not bother on the footy thread much nowadays. Bluewolf for his views on life, Qwerty doesnt say much, but what he does is worth listening to.

Odvan, before he got a bird....:eek:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So many have interesting and pertinent posts, particularly Bob on technique and his makes it very simple and easy to understand. Tashyboy as a complete out there poster but for the most part, its simply a brilliant melting point and place to be

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I like the posts of forumers that don’t take themselves seriously and have a sense of humour.

Therod and Smiffy spring to mind.

Can’t stand the wind up merchants, trolls or whatever you call them, who need to get a life. Very sad people. Banter to me is between mates, and words you would say face to face, not hiding behind a computer screen.:eek:

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Is it really just me? I almost never and I mean never look at the person who writes the post. Perhaps this is because I don't know anyone, but knowing myself I think its more to do with content. I read content and respond to content. I could never tell you anything about anyone here as I pay little to no attention to who is saying what.

Am I weird lol

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
On the old layout, on my mobile, the poster's ID would be off the screen. I would sometimes read the posts and guess the poster. Had a pretty high success rate.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Not sure favourite is the right term, but..

Hobbit, esp on some of the contentious threads - seem to usually be able to debate without the blinkers

BobMac (still posting), the coach (may have stopped)
JustOne back in the day, GaryInDerry

Several others have provided occasional forum gold.

The variation is part of the rich tapestry of the forum. Sometimes I watch things like Britain's got talent and some days want to see the proper stuff, and others the car-crash stuff. Bit like on here :D(y)

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My 2nd fav posters in the the world are Scousers who want (from the bottom of their hearts) to give me money. However my most favourite posters are scousers who want (from the bottom of their hearts) to give me money that support Chelsea(y):cool::love:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My 2nd fav posters in the the world are Scousers who want (from the bottom of their hearts) to give me money. However my most favourite posters are scousers who want (from the bottom of their hearts) to give me money that support Chelsea(y):cool::love:

Arent we 1-1?

You beat a broken man in Surrey, wondering when your gonna come up and play some proper Links golf in our manor. :)

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We are actually 2-1 up after Turnberry and Liphook. But my very good mate I will be in your neck of the woods next year and my body is all yours, and yours only

D

Deleted member 1147

it’s certainly not the place it used to be.
But I’ve never played with anyone who’s posts I haven’t enjoyed & who I didn’t enjoy playing with.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
it’s certainly not the place it used to be.
But I’ve never played with anyone who’s posts I haven’t enjoyed & who I didn’t enjoy playing with.
Blimey, I got to the third double negative and I ran out of ram!!

To the OP, I think everyone brings something worth reading. But there are some posters on some subjects which is not a good combination. The intersection in those particular venn diagrams is a place to avoid.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cant say I have any favourites, especially since I havent been to any meets or met many. However if I did have, I dont think I would post it anyways. To me it's like having kids, each has their best points, but you dont have a favourite.
However those that annoy and irritate or seem to deliberately try and wind up I just gloss over:)

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words rich, brought a tear to my eye.
I’d like to return the compliment, some of your finest work has happen on here. Especially the forensic investigation work that went into HG 2🤣🤣🤣🤣
I have enjoyed also in no particular order, swinger, snelly, thecraw (whatever happened to him🤣🤣🤣)

But a special mention must go to the fella that called us all peasants🤣🤣🤣, SILH, foxholer, and pinseeker. Forum legends one & all.

Also homer....just keep on keeping on 👍👍