who is your favourite?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Sadly a lot of interesting people don't post on here so much. There is always someone trying to shoot them down. I used to offer advice on places to play but don't bother so much now, it's not worth the hassle.
I do tend to read posts from people that I actually know and have played with though.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Sadly a lot of interesting people don't post on here so much. There is always someone trying to shoot them down. I used to offer advice on places to play but don't bother so much now, it's not worth the hassle.
I do tend to read posts from people that I actually know and have played with though.

Is that just here or the internet generally Gordon?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Blue in Munich, largely for his fabulous taste in music.
Who is your least favourite? ......................... now that would be an interesting thread!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Blue in Munich, largely for his fabulous taste in music.
Who is your least favourite? ......................... now that would be an interesting thread!

Which we aren’t going to see, as we’ve had them before and they have turned nasty.

Yes I know , Big Spoilsport 👍😂

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We are actually 2-1 up after Turnberry and Liphook. But my very good mate I will be in your neck of the woods next year and my body is all yours, and yours only

I dunno, a lot to share out Chris, so I'll get a NW posse out. :p

Weirdly enough some of the people I enjoy meeting up with and regularly playing with are Chelsea and Man U fans. They must be the exceptions that prove........:censored:

Last edited:

Wolf

Visit site
I'm to new to have a favourite but think everyone that I've seen contribute so far does so in their own way which adds personality and opinion.. if everyone was the same that would be really boring.

Yes there is an old guard and new guard but everyone has been welcoming and interesting to read in different ways as long as that continues then who need a a favourite. Though would be good to get some meet up arrange and already had a couple of offers to thanks to everyone for that I will take advantage at some point

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No one really. It’s quite clear though that we have two distinct groups... the old school regulars and the new guard.

The old guard were once the new guard.

15 of us in the NW didnt know each other from Adam, 7-8 years ago. 10-12 weekends away, 3-4 3-5 day golf holidays since have made us firm friends.

Due to going to a few H4H and other midlands/Southern meets weve got to know a good few of the Southern lads as well, some of who I would class as friends, now.

The only way to get the most out of this forum is to get along and meet a few, believe me, its not cliquey. Met a cracking fella (Jon, whose only been playing a year and think he will be a regular) and Pieman recently (two absolute gents). You also get the chance to play some exceptional courses also.

Its not for everyone coming to meets, but if your a sociable guy, get along.

D

Deleted member 15344

For me the “favs” are the guys that get out and meet people and not just hide behind a keyboard. As most know I have had ding dongs on here with people been stubborn at times and stuck to my guns at other times but all the people I have met from here I know when they post where they are coming from and you know the poster behind the post - I can’t imagine how many new courses and new people I have played a round of golf since joining the forum , happily driven hours all over the place for a game of golf and through sun , showers , cool , warm and hail every single time it’s been an enjoyable 18 holes even if it’s with posters that I have fallen out with - it’s the guys that can see past a keyboard that for me make this forum and those people know who they are

Plus there are still plenty guys I would like to have a round of golf with because I know they are passionate about the game

Last edited by a moderator:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Smiffy,Lord Tyrion,Chrisd.... anyone that doesn’t take things too serious tbh.

But then you get the argumentive attention seekers that try & make it all about them,and for some reason seem to be at the middle of any arguments🤔

And then there’s Rod,he attends meets so he’s a pretty big deal around here 😳😂