The Cricket Thread

sunshine

Visit site
Can't believe there isn't another test in him to try and beat Warne's record. I hope he mentors the new guys although Atkinson seemed to slot in pretty well
Bit of a shame, he finishes 4 short of Warne. Probably still England's best bowler so deserves to be in the test team on merit to have a final chance to overtake Warne (although I understand the focus on the future).

It's interesting to note that, although Anderson played 40 more tests than Warne, and 50 more than Murali, he has bowled fewer overs than either. Fabulous career.

From the current crop of bowlers, maybe Ravi Ashwin will catch him, otherwise it will be a long time before anyone gets near.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I caught the England innings today. Good bit of showboating for the crowd, gave them some entertainment. I thought Stokes must have had an afternoon tee time but then realised Holder was clearly due off before him 😳. Long hop, long hop, long hop. 'Hey Ben, not sure if you have mastered the medium pace pull shot. Want another go?'. Poor, really poor.

A good series for the teams averages and confidence, not much more.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit of a shame, he finishes 4 short of Warne. Probably still England's best bowler so deserves to be in the test team on merit to have a final chance to overtake Warne (although I understand the focus on the future).

It's interesting to note that, although Anderson played 40 more tests than Warne, and 50 more than Murali, he has bowled fewer overs than either. Fabulous career.

From the current crop of bowlers, maybe Ravi Ashwin will catch him, otherwise it will be a long time before anyone gets near.
May I suggest you overlook the fact that Anderson isn't a spin bowler. To carry on as long as he has is truly amazing.

D-S

Visit site
Two excellent finishes in today/tonight’s 100 double header, both went to the last ball and both were won by the bowling side.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

venger

Visit site
England squad for Sri Lanka tests:
Ben Stokes (capt)
Gus Atkinson
Shoaib Bashir
Harry Brook
Jordan Cox
Ben Duckett
Dan Lawrence
Ollie Pope
Matthew Potts
Joe Root
Jamie Smith (wk)
Olly Stone
Chris Woakes
Mark Wood

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Really sad news , and just highlights even more how dangerous depression can be 😢

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He's in outstanding all-rounder form with the white ball. Got to be worth a gamble. Baz has been at a few Hundred games, so it probably won't be a "safe" option.
Always thought he was a bit hit and miss. Seems to be in good form at the moment but whenever I see him he gets smacked around the ground so not sure he is consistent enough for test cricket