2019 Cricket

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First up is England test series in the Caribbean. On paper should be pretty straightforward based on the 2 sides recent form but the pitch for the first test looks like it might provide some challenges of its own rather than England being able to see it purely as Ashes warm up

Balance of the side as always the talking point, pitch may well dictate they go in with 2 spinners meaning 2 of the seamers (Woakes and probably Curran) will miss out. Top order still on trial to cement down places!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Rashid a bit of a surprise ahead of Leach and Curran ahead of Broad. Feels very horses for courses selection
Is Broad fully fit or do you think it's purely based on the state of the pitch. I am not sure still about the openers and the next few games are vital. I wouldn't want to be going into an Ashes series chopping and changing the top order, nor with a top order badly out of nick

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is Broad fully fit or do you think it's purely based on the state of the pitch. I am not sure still about the openers and the next few games are vital. I wouldn't want to be going into an Ashes series chopping and changing the top order, nor with a top order badly out of nick

hes fully fit, theyve decided to only pick 5 bowlers (a long time since we didnt pick 6+) yet still chosen Curran for his extra batting (even though hell bat at 9)

Andersen Curran and Stokes doesnt feel like much of a seam attack (when Woakes and Broad miss out)

if the pitch does play up youd prefer a tall quick in the mould of Broad

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I like Curran ahead of Broad, would rather see him play over Broad. Although a Broad wonder spell is always nice, think they will be fewer and fewer from now.

Not usually been Broads biggest fan but think on a pitch that may well go up and down hes a better option, as you say though only got so many of those spells left him

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Rashid a bit of a surprise ahead of Leach and Curran ahead of Broad. Feels very horses for courses selection
maybe hoping Roots success at the toss continues and we win all of them again. Perhaps they want to save Broads workload??? if his batting wasn't so poor lately i think he would have still been picked, after all its the lower order that have got England out of Trouble lately

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
maybe hoping Roots success at the toss continues and we win all of them again. Perhaps they want to save Broads workload??? if his batting wasn't so poor lately i think he would have still been picked, after all its the lower order that have got England out of Trouble lately

Save Broads workload - wasnt that what the trip to Sri Lanka was for lol, surely you cant choose between bowlers based on whos the better number 9 bat? Dangerously close to picking too many bits and pieces cricketers for me. Root finally lost a toss too (save em for the summer Joe)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Save Broads workload - wasnt that what the trip to Sri Lanka was for lol, surely you cant choose between bowlers based on whos the better number 9 bat? Dangerously close to picking too many bits and pieces cricketers for me. Root finally lost a toss too (save em for the summer Joe)
maybe they just need someone to scuff up the other side of the wicket for Ali;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Looks a good toss to win anyway, looks pretty ropy, in fact the bit of my lawn where Kayliegh our bitch goes for a pee looks in a better state:LOL:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
it looks far far better than it did from the early pics a couple of days ago! played pretty well so far too, big couple of sessions coming up for Englands attack

D

Deleted member 18588

for sure

England side feels a bowler light and a keeper too many to me (and missing a decent top order).

Think both Broad and Leach unlucky to miss out

But there is only one keeper (Foakes) in the team.

Neither Bairstow nor Buttler should be allowed near the gloves in Test cricket.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
couple of well needed wickets from Stokes.

struggling to understand why Curran has bowled only 5 of the first 50 overs having been picked ahead of Broad

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched most of it today. The buzz word for selection decisions is ‘variety’, having all bases covered. Broad is similar to Stokes and Curran offers the left arm over. Rashid offers leggies, whereas Ali and Leach are seen to be similar.

I can see Windies being bowled out for 200 here. Which will mean 800-3 dec 😂

D

Deleted member 15344

Leach not picked again 😟 I expect won’t see him for a while now

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
massive last half hour with the new ball, Anderson been different class all day yet again and Stokes bowled well. pitch quickening a little, tomorrow could be a very interesting day