2019 Cricket

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
44-3. Hmmmmm.

Jennings looks a walking wicket against pace. Burns should be given more time and certainly a series on home soil before a decent judgement can be made.
Bairstow showing that his 100 in Sri Lanka is the exception rather than the norm. His test form over the last 18 months to 2 years is mediocre. No dramatic celebrations today!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
44-3. Hmmmmm.

Jennings looks a walking wicket against pace. Burns should be given more time and certainly a series on home soil before a decent judgement can be made.
Bairstow showing that his 100 in Sri Lanka is the exception rather than the norm. His test form over the last 18 months to 2 years is mediocre. No dramatic celebrations today!

Having said all that the West Indies attack looks the best they've had for some time.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
44-3. Hmmmmm.

not sure the selectors are going to find out anything more about Jennings, very strange opener, who likes spin and is poor against any sort of quicker bowler, and when a say quick, i reckon even a dobber could get him out:(

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
not sure the selectors are going to find out anything more about Jennings, very strange opener, who likes spin and is poor against any sort of quicker bowler, and when a say quick, i reckon even a dobber could get him out:(

Its another Smith hunch / pick so he'll get plenty of opportunities.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Its another Smith hunch / pick so he'll get plenty of opportunities.

i imagine looking at his stats over the next 12 months will be like looking at binary code;)

Right about Burns needs a few more games, though i'm not sure who's the next cab off the rank, maybe they should move the Burnley Lara up to open;)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i imagine looking at his stats over the next 12 months will be like looking at binary code;)

Right about Burns needs a few more games, though i'm not sure who's the next cab off the rank, maybe they should move the Burnely lara

pretty sure theyve shut the rank down due to a lack of cabs!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
already had more than plenty hasnt he?

Root gone too, on the plus side were getting to the heart of our runscoring time soon :p

Tis the problem when the selectors make funky / left field selections. They end up continually picking the players even when its obvious they shouldnt to save face.

Buttler has been a success, Jennings the complete opposite. Rashid did well in a series where you would expect him to and bowled a magic ball to Kohli. Other than that he's been fairly ordinary.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Right about Burns needs a few more games, though i'm not sure who's the next cab off the rank, maybe they should move the Burnley Lara up to open;)

Its a tough ask to step in and perform in two away series without getting a crack on home soil. I'd be inclined to give Stoneman a go, see if the Surrey connection might help them gel.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Its a tough ask to step in and perform in two away series without getting a crack on home soil. I'd be inclined to give Stoneman a go, see if the Surrey connection might help them gel.
or they could do what one of the 20 over teams i used to play for did from time to time...... reverse the order;)