All the cars you've had down the years

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Vauxhall Corsa
Toyota Avensis
Toyota CHR

I think I'd stick to Toyota, or Japanese cars in the future.

We loved our Toyota, only reason we got rid is we found inside they had made it very small when baby seats (with bases) had to be used

Honda for some reason had much more space

That said Japanese and Korean cars seem to me anyways to be the best value and build quality around.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Citroen Saxo VTR - Death Trap 😂😂
Volkswagen Polo
BMW 320 Coupe
Volkswagen Golf GTI - Loved this Car 😀
Mercedes ML350 - Cracking Machine, bought it after seeing Ernie Els one at the Scottish Open at Castle Stuart.
Volkswagen Touerag R Line
Audi A6 Avant
Land Rover Discovery HSE Luxury 😎
Audi A4 S Line Premium
BMW 3 Series M Sport 😀

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
In the early 2000s I built a Hawk AC 289 Cobra replica with a 5 Litre V8 engine in which I have covered over 45,000 miles driving to LeMans and Silverstone on many occasions to Classic Race meetings.
Must have been around 1990 when the Sylva owners club and Cobra owners club shared a track day at Goodwood.
I vividly remember being flat out in my Leader 400 (1700cc Kent engine) when a Cobra with Jag V12 went past me like I was in reverse. He spun off at the next corner 🤣

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do not have, and never have had, a desire to own a car with tremendous acceleration and top speed.

Is there something wrong with me?

I've always wondered whether it is due to having been a very fast runner/sprinter and whether this has, in my case, satisfied the (largely male) desire of "need for speed".
I've not become an FB so I'm probably still quite fast for someone my age.
I did have the experience of driving a car at 110mph (not my car) one time. It did nothing for me. My feeling was, "Well, the car can go fast - so what?"

Speedy cars are nothing when you've spent so much time on The USS Voyager.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
you can’t post that without pictures
AEfcT2f.jpg

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Far too many to list.

Worst were;
1962 VW beetle 1200 (6 volt)
Moskvich 412 Saloon
Austin Maestro
Hillman Avenger
Morris Marina.

Best were;
3 x Austin Maxi
2 x Montego Turbo
Alfasud ti
Audi S4 2.7 Twin Turbo
Vauxhall Omega 2.5 V6 with a straight through exhaust ---- that was loud!
2 x LR Wolf --- best car ever made.
TR6, a magical car.

Oh, and I've probably forgotten a few, too.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Too many in over 50 years to list, but the most fun one was a Lotus Elise in titanium silver. It was like getting in and out of a letterbox though

This has always put me off sports cars lol dodgy knees getting in and out

I mean I'm under 40 and love the fact my current car puts the seat all the way back when you open the door then moves to the position so it's easy to get out lol

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was living in Belgium, learned to drive in a long wheelbase Peugeot 504 left hand drive with a steering column gear shift. Came to UK at half term after I turned 18 (which was age to drive in Belgium) and passed my test in a RHD mini metro with a floor shift.
Years are when I bought them.

1982 FLV366 Fiat 127 left hand drive in fire Engine red, brought to Uni in UK
1988 KRK855V yellow Fiesta with brown roof - absolute dog muck, tiny engine
1989 CGO477X yellow 1.1 Ford Fiesta - from a dodgy dealer in Peckham, water pump fell off two days later on the M6 commuting to my new job
1992 white Fiesta XR2 stolen outside my girlfriend’s (now wife) flat first time I stayed there.
1992 white Fiesta 1.4 to replace the XR2
1997 maroon Peugeot 405 - 4 sets of clubs and trollies in boot. Drove it into a wall avoiding a pheasant on a country lane at speed.
1999 bright red 1.6 Renault Megane coupe. Tiny but fun. Wife had the family car by then!
2008 black Renault Megane Coupe hardtop convertible
2012 black VW 2.0 EoS hardtop convertible
2021 silver BMW 420d hardtop convertible

Only 10 cars in 42 years. The XR2 and the Eos were great, but the Beemer is awesome. Never a new car.