The Cricket Thread

Grizzly

Visit site
What is does show is the disconnect between the counties and England - Bashir isn’t the main spinner at his county and has been sent out on loan

Smith is not the wicketkeeper at Surrey, Atkinson does not get in Surrey's "best" XI. Come to think of it, if everyone were fit I'm not certain that Pennington plays for Notts ahead of Stone, Tongue, Paterson and Lyndon James!

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
While we talk about batsmen... the real assasin from India was Bhumrah.. to finish a T20 WC with an economy rate of less than 5 is lethal. The wicket of Hendicks at top of the inning with an outswinger and then Jansen with vicious inswinger, left both batsmen wondering what could they have done different. Also he is simply awesome in the longer format. I saw him at Lords and just cant figure out how he can generate that pace from taking about 5 baby steps. And kudos to him, we have teenagers in our club imitating his style (which needless to say will be kicked out by their coaches for not being 'classic'). Here from Bhoom here >> https://www.facebook.com/reel/489297506863096

and my fav delivery to Hendricks here >>

Grizzly

Visit site
"he must think its an easy game" says Ian Bishop. Quite - Atkinson has bowled decent areas (apart from the Brathwaite wicket, which was village in the extreme) and the pitch, and some callow batting, has done the rest.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hoping Jimmy can pick up at least one….

Don’t think he is going to get the 9 needed to beat Warney in the all time list now though

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Smith is not the wicketkeeper at Surrey, Atkinson does not get in Surrey's "best" XI. Come to think of it, if everyone were fit I'm not certain that Pennington plays for Notts ahead of Stone, Tongue, Paterson and Lyndon James!
Grizzly, any comments on play so far? :unsure: 🫣 :ROFLMAO:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Thoroughly enjoyed watching Jimmy Anderson bowl his final spell this morning. A bit of a shame he dropped a catch off his own bowling which would have wrapped the game up, but that didn’t detract from seeing him bow out bowling every bit as well as he has done for 20+ years.

England will miss having him out there. And I’ll miss watching a true master of his craft in action. Another sign that we’re all getting older.

A true great, a genuine class act, with numbers which we will never see beaten.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Thoroughly enjoyed watching Jimmy Anderson bowl his final spell this morning. A bit of a shame he dropped a catch off his own bowling which would have wrapped the game up, but that didn’t detract from seeing him bow out bowling every bit as well as he has done for 20+ years.

England will miss having him out there. And I’ll miss watching a true master of his craft in action. Another sign that we’re all getting older.

A true great, a genuine class act, with numbers which we will never see beaten.

Shows the measure of the man when he was the first to congratulate Atkinson when he took that last wicket

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
West Indies used to be a tour to look forward to. Dynamic flamboyant batting, lethal pace bowling. Sadly, talented West Indian youngsters no longer see Test cricket as a priority career choice with the lure of American sports or a white ball franchise. Rarely competitive it really is no challenge sadly. Another collapse

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
West Indies used to be a tour to look forward to. Dynamic flamboyant batting, lethal pace bowling. Sadly, talented West Indian youngsters no longer see Test cricket as a priority career choice with the lure of American sports or a white ball franchise. Rarely competitive it really is no challenge sadly. Another collapse
Did you text this in to the BBC website or copy it from there?

See BBC website 14:08