Ryder Cup 2016 - Official Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does Willett not take any responsibility then today ? He didn't win a single hole where as Westwood won both the holes with great birdies plus he had two more - seemed like Westwood was on his own in that match.

And reading some of the other posts ( not yours )

Picking someone to keep his mates happy !!

A has been who never was !

Seems the scapegoat has been truely found

Phil, matchplay is 95% (at least) about putting.

How many 2/3/4ft putts has Westwood missed? He's been horrendous on the greens.

Not sure why you need to defend him, isn't personal against you.

Kaymer has been rubbish aswell. God knows why those 2 were put out this afternoon

D

Deleted member 16999

Clarke gave an explanation as to his afternoon choices, he went for experience and strength they didn't come through for him though.

Faldono1fan

Club Champion
Visit site
I am a big Westwood fan and have huge respect for Kaymer, but quite simply they were not playing well enough compared to the other rookies. I do feel that he felt huge pressure to play Lee more than once on the first 2 days and went on reputation rather than form. Yes Willet was disappointing as well and must take an equal portion of the blame, but why not pick Rafa,Wood,Fitz or Sullivan. They were ALL playing better!!

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Kaymer has been rubbish aswell. God knows why those 2 were put out this afternoon

As i said earlier in the thread, there is an inevitability about Westwood and missing putts, every big stage he is ever on, you see him lining up puts, the WINNERS make and think, here we go again.

D

Deleted member 15344

Westwood was the reason that match got as far as it did

And why is it just Westwood getting the stick ?

Did you see the two shockers that Garcia missed ? 4 matches went out today -Rose again had another poor session

I'm defending him because I believe it's unfair to single out one person when it's quite clear there is only about 3/4 players who can hold their heads up fully - the rest have all played well below their level and that's the reason why Europe are currently 3 points behind

Not just because of Westwood.

Clarke went with his experience in a crucial session and it didn't work - the way some of the US players played it might not have mattered who was picked

Last edited by a moderator:

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Did not quite see all the coverage, Jordan Spieth seemed to be by far the worst player out there, probably over par on his own ball?

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Clarke gave an explanation as to his afternoon choices, he went for experience and strength they didn't come through for him though.

Thats ok then!!That makes sense pick players who have experience and playing poorly over inexperience and playing well.T

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Westwood has certainly turned out to be a poor pick, makes me wonder if Clark's previous partnership with him clouded his judgement.

D

Deleted member 1418

All I'm hoping for tomorrow is some respectability in defeat, which I think is unfortunately what it will be.

D

Deleted member 16999

Thats ok then!!That makes sense pick players who have experience and playing poorly over inexperience and playing well.T
Didn't say I agreed, just posting the reason Clarke stated.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site

Did you see the two shockers that Garcia missed ? 4 matches went out today -Rose again had another poor session

I'm defending him because I believe it's unfair to single out one person when it's quite clear there is only about 3/4 players who can hold their heads up fully - the rest have all played well below their level and that's the reason why Europe are currently 3 points behind

Clarke went with his experience in a crucial session and it didn't work - the way some of the US players played it might not have mattered who was picked

If you'd actually take in other posts I mentioned Garcias putting/yips earlier :thup:

I also said Katmer was rubbish in the same post you quoted!!!

Why do you feel so defensive about Westwood!?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I think most people have looked at Westwood as he was a pick who many didn't agree with. Once he was selected most people appeared to support him. But after his first session, and the following two it looked that he should be benched til the singles.

Faldono1fan

Club Champion
Visit site
I think another pairing would have beaten Moore and Holmes so saying "It didn't matter who he picked" doesn't cut it. You don't know that for sure.They never got the chance....