Ryder Cup 2016 - Official Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They need to pair Rory with Fitzpatrick , Willet with rose, pieterson with henrick then the Spanish boys

dropped Westwood and kaymer both poor picks

D

Deleted member 16999

Was the behaviour similar at CM & Gleneagles? Genuine question as I've been to the 2002 event at the Belfry, and then 2014 at Medinah, and the crowds were totally different - some of the comments at Medinah weren't great, especially when they started to lose, but there wasn't any of the cheering of bad shots, or constant chirping of players like I've heard today.

I was a volunteer at Medinah and their behaviour was disgraceful once the beers kicked in, definitely cheered bad shots and no decorum, witnessed the European wives being verbally abused and the American Police refusing to go into the crowd when the culprits were pointed out.
We do have them, just not on the same scale.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Painfully slow, first group took nearly 4 hours for 16 holes of foursomes earlier!!

Westwood and Kaymer shouldn't be near the course tomorrow. Westwood was a weird pick, largely down to putting in this so I would have taken Donald for that, he's steady enough in foursomes aswell.

Better watching tonight, we got our backsides spanked earlier......

D

Deleted member 18588

Was the behaviour similar at CM & Gleneagles? Genuine question as I've been to the 2002 event at the Belfry, and then 2014 at Medinah, and the crowds were totally different - some of the comments at Medinah weren't great, especially when they started to lose, but there wasn't any of the cheering of bad shots, or constant chirping of players like I've heard today.

Agree that this is probably the worst but it has been heading this way, on both sides of the Atlantic, since 1991 and the "War on the Shore".

The difference at The Belfry in 1993 compared with '85 & '89 was very clear, it was more like a local derby in football than golf. 1999 cranked it up a further notch and has now got to the stage where I would refuse a free ticket if I were offered one.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rosey is holing his practice putts well enough. Driving well too. Shame he's going wrong somewhere in between, it's like watching myself play. ;)

D

Deleted member 18588

I was at CM and it was all good natured and very respectful - certainly nothing like what seems to be happening at Hazeltine , certainly never had players and VC telling fans to shut up and can't recall many "baboons" moronic chanting that we can clearly hear after every shot

You and I clearly have different ideas of what behaviour is respectful.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great comeback tonight and really pleased for Rose and Stenson revenge is sweet.

Also many had written Europe off after the mornings games but people forget the team spirit Europe have and have had for a very long time now.

D

Deleted member 16999

Good lads, great come back from Rose and Stenson after this morning.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Without knowing the strategy for them or who they've practised with, I'd but them out in the fourballs tomorrow, paired together.

I don't think that's a bad shout, I thought Fitzpatrick would be a good fourball player, as he's steady and will allow his partner to attack.

the_exile

Medal Winner
Visit site
They need to pair Rory with Fitzpatrick , Willet with rose, pieterson with henrick then the Spanish boys

dropped Westwood and kaymer both poor picks

I'd be reluctant to split up any group playing well at the moment. Tomorrow morning I'd go McIlroy/Pieters, Stenson/Rose, The Spaniards and then Wood with Fitzpatrick. OK you're playing two rookies together but the Yanks did it with Spieth and Reed last time and it was a bright spot for them - in a way having a couple of rookies exeriencing theor first match together and being told to just go out and have fun might be the best way to blood them.

With the other three pairings playing well together I'd keep them going in the hope they can get 2.5 points at least. Then anything from Fitzpatrick and Wood is a bonus and at worst it's a 2.5-1.5 win if the big three pairings deliver to the minimum I'd expect.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fitzpatrick is a pretty aggressive and attacking player, I'm really looking forward to seeing him out there.

Kaymer has been dreadful today, Luke Donald would have been a better pick.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kaymer and Westwood should not get another chance they both been awful

like others said Donald would have been a better pick

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I'd be reluctant to split up any group playing well at the moment. Tomorrow morning I'd go McIlroy/Pieters, Stenson/Rose, The Spaniards and then Wood with Fitzpatrick. OK you're playing two rookies together but the Yanks did it with Spieth and Reed last time and it was a bright spot for them - in a way having a couple of rookies exeriencing theor first match together and being told to just go out and have fun might be the best way to blood them.

With the other three pairings playing well together I'd keep them going in the hope they can get 2.5 points at least. Then anything from Fitzpatrick and Wood is a bonus and at worst it's a 2.5-1.5 win if the big three pairings deliver to the minimum I'd expect.

Exactly the line-up I told my wife that I would hope for just a few minutes ago, and for exactly the same reasons.