Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
...that I can't stop myself swearing at the TV every time the tousle-haired one pops into view and opens his mouth. Yes I know - it's just me. I need to get over it. Maybe I just have to think Oor Wullie sitting on a bucket and that'll make me smile.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
...that I can't stop myself swearing at the TV every time the tousle-haired one pops into view and opens his mouth. Yes I know - it's just me. I need to get over it. Maybe I just have to think Oor Wullie sitting on a bucket and that'll make me smile.
Your not the only one, you are in a minority for sure, given the election results. Pretty sure there are others who just love every word said ... let time be a judge

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Something has happened to the screen size settings, or similar, on my tablet. It isn't right but I don't know what it is that has altered. I've changed the text size but the layout is still off.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
They aren't doing me any favours either. They seem to hit a bit of form so you go with them and then they are crap again. Mind you there are a few PL sides doing the same so it's a betting minefield this season
Would you rather be near bottom of Premier league or near top of Championship ? I am enjoying this season despite only having gone to one game. Sky really like us, so we are live nearly every game.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Would you rather be near bottom of Premier league or near top of Championship ? I am enjoying this season despite only having gone to one game. Sky really like us, so we are live nearly every game.

I'm torn. I loved the promotion race last year and the prize but once you get to the PL the gulf for a club like Fulham and Reading is huge, certainly more so than when we got there and stayed for 13 seasons or when you came up for a few years. There are some poor sides (WBA, Sheff United, Burnley, Brighton etc) but you then have to win that mini league to be safe and that isn't a given. It would be great if we can stay up (the next two games will have a big say) but if we went down and then back into a promotion fight that wouldn't be the end of the world.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm torn. I loved the promotion race last year and the prize but once you get to the PL the gulf for a club like Fulham and Reading is huge, certainly more so than when we got there and stayed for 13 seasons or when you came up for a few years. There are some poor sides (WBA, Sheff United, Burnley, Brighton etc) but you then have to win that mini league to be safe and that isn't a given. It would be great if we can stay up (the next two games will have a big say) but if we went down and then back into a promotion fight that wouldn't be the end of the world.

Having seen your lot against United, gotta say I was very impressed.
Fabulous work ethic and a really good press, if they can sustain that then they'll be fine.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Having seen your lot against United, gotta say I was very impressed.
Fabulous work ethic and a really good press, if they can sustain that then they'll be fine.

My issue is having worked so hard against the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and United we're be running on empty for the next games away to Brighton and WBA. These are the ones we need to be at our best for and to avoid defeat in. Two season defining games and will indicate more about whether it'll be a great escape (especially given our PL start) or back to the roller coaster of a championship promotion campaign

D

Deleted member 15344

Local council failing to grit the roads last night meaning the roads are like ice rinks - already been a serious accident where water from a field flooded onto the road and it’s frozen .

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Local council failing to grit the roads last night meaning the roads are like ice rinks - already been a serious accident where water from a field flooded onto the road and it’s frozen .
Not saying that this is the case with you but around here they only grit the main roads and then only as far as just outside the town..
Even roads through the middle of town and the bigger roads on housing estates don't get done.
They used to cover bus routes but stopped that a few years back.
Is it out towards Hockliffe?
Thats the sort of road that wouldn't get done here.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not saying that this is the case with you but around here they only grit the main roads and then only as far as just outside the town..
Even roads through the middle of town and the bigger roads on housing estates don't get done.
They used to cover bus routes but stopped that a few years back.
Is it out towards Hockliffe?
Thats the sort of road that wouldn't get done here.

There are few roads that always get done here - Hockliffe is one , same with the roads out to Stoke Hammond etc mainly because of the hills and water running off the hills - seems they only did some roads by the school

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
What happens with you? Is it a Jekyll and Hyde thing. Your comment is an out and out political post, isn't it. .?
Then swearing is obviously acceptable in your "code" . Funny, I always thought the teaching was different.
And before anyone tells me I'm going at the poster, you're right. Wouldn't be any comment by me if the rules had been kept. How many times has Fragger asked?

D

Deleted member 1147

I’ve got a cousin who used to prefer Derby being high up the championship table more than struggling in the premiership.
Not asked how he feels about struggling in the championship ?