Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You don't think may be it's a wind up?
Ha, we had the meeting last Wednesday and it's in the calendar. Today it just didn't happen though. ??‍♂️

gold, silver and bronze apparently but that's colourist
The gold of spades? The bronze of diamonds? That really doesn't work. :ROFLMAO: They should just change the Jack to the Jill so the women outnumber the men and left the rest alone.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Gender neutral playing cards,because the king shouldn’t be higher than the queen ?‍♂️

Are you kidding me?

Sadly not ?

https://inews.co.uk/news/dutch-woman-overthrows-king-to-create-gender-neutral-pack-of-cards-835808

There you go James...

From the Mail; She said: 'If we have this hierarchy that the king is worth more than the queen then this subtle inequality influences people in their daily life because it's just another way of saying 'hey, you're less important'.

But no issues with the Queen trumping the Jack, despite that subtle inequality influencing people in their daily life because it's just another way of saying 'hey, you're less important'... :rolleyes:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Just watched an article on youtube about a woman that has designed a 'gender neutral' pack of cards where the jack, queen and king are replaced with silver, gold and platinum so that certain groups of the population aren't offended by gender hierarchy. You couldn't make this up.

Edit: Just seen earlier posts on the same subject :ROFLMAO:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just watched an article on youtube about a woman that has designed a 'gender neutral' pack of cards where the jack, queen and king are replaced with silver, gold and platinum so that certain groups of the population aren't offended by gender hierarchy. You couldn't make this up.

Edit: Just seen earlier posts on the same subject :ROFLMAO:
I'm guessing the Twos aren't fussed then..?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Accountants have asked for my P45, looks like my previous employers couldn’t be bothered to send it, nor the receipt for the compensation they paid. Tried their payroll department but they don’t pick up ringing phones. Have messaged their HR department, but I have little confidence in them as they broke the law the last time, which suggests they are quite incompetent. Dunno why I cannot use my NI number and get all my details

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Accountants have asked for my P45, looks like my previous employers couldn’t be bothered to send it, nor the receipt for the compensation they paid. Tried their payroll department but they don’t pick up ringing phones. Have messaged their HR department, but I have little confidence in them as they broke the law the last time, which suggests they are quite incompetent. Dunno why I cannot use my NI number and get all my details

You can on the gov.co.uk website with government gateway.
Shows my previous employers and tax paid.
Never needed a p45. Can’t say I’ve received many either from 13 employers.

D

Deleted member 1147

Set up a personal tax https://www.gov.uk/personal-tax-account

D

Deleted member 1147

Trying to get a house sale and purchase sorted. Like pulling teeth.
If it’s a residential property, and not your principal private residence, remember that you have to submit a CGT return and pay any tax within 30 days of completion