Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Parents who drag their little darlings through the snow on sledges. As long as their precious child has fun/doesn’t have to walk, what does it matter that they make the pavement slippery and dangerous for the rest of us! Even worse are the idiots who think it is cool to strap on some skis ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of my football mates has won a hell of a lot of money on football accumulators this week. He won three different accas in a row, winning £1000, £1700 and £500. He showed us the accas and he literally just throws them together the same way I used to when I used to put accas on. The difference is I never won a bloody penny! I now he's tempted me to start it up again. Grrr.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your Premier League prediction competition has pointed out to me how ludicrously difficult it is and why the only winners are the bookies...
He showed us the accas and all he did was back the favourites to win in a bunch of games. All of them at home as well. It's just so annoying. :ROFLMAO:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
He showed us the accas and all he did was back the favourites to win in a bunch of games. All of them at home as well. It's just so annoying. :ROFLMAO:

Surely backing favourites he's not getting brilliant odds and is putting decent money down? Especially for £1000+ returns!

They'll always tell you about the wins - they wont tell you what they've spent!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surely backing favourites he's not getting brilliant odds and is putting decent money down? Especially for £1000+ returns!

They'll always tell you about the wins - they wont tell you what they've spent!
There's normally one or two that were debateable but he went on form, i.e. Leicester to beat Chelsea at home. Alongside six other games where the home team was odds-on to win. £20 on, won £1700. I honestly used to do the exact same thing and lose every week. But I'd only put a couple of quid on as I'm not that brave.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Trying to get our Payroll team to tell me what my bottom line / take-home will be once I drop from 5 days to 4 days from 1st Feb.

I have tried working out my NI and Tax myself using my current monthly payslip calc - and can get quite close - but I should be able to get it exact. I therefore conclude that I am making one or more incorrect assumptions somewhere in my calc, and don't feel comfortable with that. I have also made assumptions about some benefits and associated costs - and though HR have stated the costs of these won't change I would rather see that reflected in a new bottom line.

You'd think nobody had ever asked the question before.

D

Deleted member 1147

Trying to get our Payroll team to tell me what my bottom line / take-home will be once I drop from 5 days to 4 days from 1st Feb.

I have tried working out my NI and Tax myself using my current monthly payslip calc - and can get quite close - but I should be able to get it exact. I therefore conclude that I am making one or more incorrect assumptions somewhere in my calc, and don't feel comfortable with that. I have also made assumptions about some benefits and associated costs - and though HR have stated the costs of these won't change I would rather see that reflected in a new bottom line.

You'd think nobody had ever asked the question before.

Try this website https://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/salary.php

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
There's normally one or two that were debateable but he went on form, i.e. Leicester to beat Chelsea at home. Alongside six other games where the home team was odds-on to win. £20 on, won £1700. I honestly used to do the exact same thing and lose every week. But I'd only put a couple of quid on as I'm not that brave.

Used to do a footy acca every Saturday, had a couple of 4 figure wins, never more than that, only ever 5/10 quid maximum per bet, it can be a slippery slope if like me, you love the buzz of a bet!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Used to do a footy acca every Saturday, had a couple of 4 figure wins, never more than that, only ever 5/10 quid maximum per bet, it can be a slippery slope if like me, you love the buzz of a bet!!
Not sure I like the buzz of the bet, I just like winning but never do. The only time I used to win was on international weeks, because there seemed to be a lot fewer upsets. This season is probably the worst to bet on given how many random results there have been. But hey there's not much else to do. I've put a five-fold on for tonight, just a small one to see how I do. (Almost certainly lose.)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
This is most recent update to my question...I think even I managed to work that one out (apart from the fact that I have an annual salary and don't think in hourly rate terms) - and in any case didn't actually answer my question as I asked about bottom line...

We can provide you with a formula to calculate your new gross salary at the reduced hours. The formula is as follows:

old hourly rate*new weekly shift hours*52 weeks per year

:rolleyes:

I will have a go with the calculator :)

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not sure I like the buzz of the bet, I just like winning but never do. The only time I used to win was on international weeks, because there seemed to be a lot fewer upsets. This season is probably the worst to bet on given how many random results there have been. But hey there's not much else to do. I've put a five-fold on for tonight, just a small one to see how I do. (Almost certainly lose.)

I've had a grand off them the last two weeks.
Not accas, but two players to get booked in a game. Can usually pay around 20/1.
My best was the Arsenal Newcastle game in the Cup. Had a treble, Carroll was booked early, then in the 93rd minute the Clarke got booked for a tackle and Hayden for kicking the ball away. £360 off a tenner.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had a grand off them the last two weeks.
Not accas, but two players to get booked in a game. Can usually pay around 20/1.
My best was the Arsenal Newcastle game in the Cup. Had a treble, Carroll was booked early, then in the 93rd minute the Clarke got booked for a tackle and Hayden for kicking the ball away. £360 off a tenner.
Haha, nice one. Too in-depth for me, I prefer results because you can just easily glance through the scores to see which one has **** you over. I did go through a phase of picking 'both teams to scores' though, I used to scan the fixtures for matches between two sides who concede hatfuls of goals, ha. There would still always be one who couldn't find the net though.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
This is most recent update to my question...I think even I managed to work that one out (apart from the fact that I have an annual salary and don't think in hourly rate terms) - and in any case didn't actually answer my question as I asked about bottom line...

We can provide you with a formula to calculate your new gross salary at the reduced hours. The formula is as follows:

old hourly rate*new weekly shift hours*52 weeks per year

:rolleyes:

I will have a go with the calculator :)

I would divide your annual bottom line by 52, then divide by 5 and multiply by 4.
I don't know how accurate you need to be but that would be near enough for me.
Or you could just live dangerously and wait and see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

being deemed borderline racist and having an issue with successful black people
You need to get a grip, if you want to go public, bring it on!
You asked for a pm and got one, were I stated it was my opinion and doesn’t make me correct, stop hiding behind cryptic comments.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I would divide your annual bottom line by 52, then divide by 5 and multiply by 4.
I don't know how accurate you need to be but that would be near enough for me.
Or you could just live dangerously and wait and see.
Well using the calculator I managed to get my NI exact and my tax within a few pennies. However to get my tax right I had to play games on which of the flexible benefits I purchase were taxable and which were not taxable - I had to make some of them taxable tough I thought they were salary sacrifice. Anyway.

As it happens if I simply apply a straight reduced hours factor to current take-home that's pretty good - £133 low - not a lot in the scheme of things though it's what I pay monthly for my golf subs :)