Random Irritations

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Nike Air Max just arrived, but the shoe box was packaged inside a much larger box that was about 60% empty. What's the point? :LOL:

Its to do with space use in distribution. They need to fill voids in packing cages to ensure they are full and boxes don't fly about. Hence why you get small stuff from amazon in a massive box sometimes.

Think of it like tetris!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its to do with space use in distribution. They need to fill voids in packing cages to ensure they are full and boxes don't fly about. Hence why you get small stuff from amazon in a massive box sometimes.

Think of it like tetris!
Normally they fill the inside of the box with some kind of packing material don't they? In this case it was just empty so the shoe box was rattling around, ha.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
My new scales giving me different readings depending on where on the floor I put them. Weighing myself weekly as I've started Couch to 5k and the first week the scales said I'd lost 1.3kg. Weighed myself again this morning and the first reading was that I'd lost 400g. Moved the scales and tried again, weight had stayed the same. Moved them again and it said I'd put on 300g. Tried them in two places in the lounge as well and there was 2.6kg between the two readings. I'm going to give up weighing myself and just do the running.

Leave them in the place that gives the lowest reading. :D

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
my car doors being frozen this morning, 2nd time in the last few weeks. never ever happened before this year and its been colder than this in the past

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
my car doors being frozen this morning, 2nd time in the last few weeks. never ever happened before this year and its been colder than this in the past

It’s not just the cold, it’s the moisture building up betwixt door, seals and frame, which then freezes, so a combination of things ?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Janet Street Porter and her appalling articles in the Saturday Fail on-line. I thought Katie Hopkins was the worst columnist ever to be employed by the national press. I stand corrected.
God created the world in six days - went to bed - woke up with a hangover and created Janet bloody Street bloody Porter.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So the police were on the entrance to the car park at Mudeford Quay (Dorset) today, politely asking people where they had come from (as it was very busy for local exercisers only ;) )

To quote their report "One driver reported for breaching regulations as he had travelled from Newcastle via Wales with his family! He admitted camping in Wales and making his way back to London!"

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So the police were on the entrance to the car park at Mudeford Quay (Dorset) today, politely asking people where they had come from (as it was very busy for local exercisers only ;) )

To quote their report "One driver reported for breaching regulations as he had travelled from Newcastle via Wales with his family! He admitted camping in Wales and making his way back to London!"

All throughout lockdown 1-3 I have been waiting to be pulled over driving to work , got my letter from work ready to explain why I'm allowed out

Everytime I read things like this I realise I have been worried about nothing people just take the Mick