Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A very inconsiderate club member back from Spain not taking any precautions (hand washing, hand gel etc) and determined to turn up and play today. Made sure I was sitting a long way away. Granted he may not have anything wrong but surely a bit of thought and consideration and giving golf a miss this weekend wouldn't have hurt. I certainly would have.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A very inconsiderate club member back from Spain not taking any precautions (hand washing, hand gel etc) and determined to turn up and play today. Made sure I was sitting a long way away. Granted he may not have anything wrong but surely a bit of thought and consideration and giving golf a miss this weekend wouldn't have hurt. I certainly would have.

Should have shouted to him in front of everyone wash your hands

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

How do you know that he is any more of an infection risk than you are?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our over 40's Saturday football league has been postponed until further notice :eek:
We're 2nd in the league with three games in hand on first place (three points behind), in the semi of one cup and qf of another. I really hope this doesn't ruin our season when we'll inevitably be playing midweek games to make up the lost time :cry:
Same for our Sunday League, where we're unbeaten. We were already going to struggle to fit all the games in. I'm fully expecting them to write it off and start again next season - they may give us promotion though as us and one other team had by far the best records in the division. Still will be a shame not to compete for the actual league win if they do that though.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
How do you know he wasn't handwashing though.

Certainly didn't after coming off the course. Watched him leave the locker room and walk straight down the corridor to the bar

How do you know that he is any more of an infection risk than you are?

I don't and of course no-one knows who is and isn't a risk. However, coming back from a European hotspot that's in lockdown then the risk surely has to be higher to some degree or another and I thought it would have been courtesy to stay away. It is certainly what I'd have done had I been abroad.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Amateur league refs who are really, really strict on foul throws. What's the point? All you're doing is getting the ball back in play, as long as it goes behind your head what's the problem? Let's get on with it. They are genuinely stricter on throws than Premier League refs are.

D

Deleted member 16999

Certainly didn't after coming off the course. Watched him leave the locker room and walk straight down the corridor to the bar

I don't and of course no-one knows who is and isn't a risk. However, coming back from a European hotspot that's in lockdown then the risk surely has to be higher to some degree or another and I thought it would have been courtesy to stay away. It is certainly what I'd have done had I been abroad.
You work in a hospital were unfortunately they’ve had one death, plus you might be inadvertently exposed to other illness’s

No matter how aware and clean you are, surely you’re more of a risk than 1 bloke coming back from Spain.

Have you not consider taking further precautions?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Same for our Sunday League, where we're unbeaten. We were already going to struggle to fit all the games in. I'm fully expecting them to write it off and start again next season - they may give us promotion though as us and one other team had by far the best records in the division. Still will be a shame not to compete for the actual league win if they do that though.
Ok, as it turns out they've just contacted us and said that our games can continue as long as both teams agree to play. Why didn't they just say that before the weekend and we could have played our match!! Flipping joke.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Why does it; where's he been in Spain; what's he been doing to avoid infection; has he been tested in Spain & found to be negative? Just being in Spain itself doesn't necessarily mean he's automatically a higher risk.

As Paul has said, if you're in a hospital where they've had one death, & presumably other cases being treated, are you the higher risk.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
As posted on the Coronavirus thread, the Edinburgh Festival Theatre has now closed so my Christmas present of the Round the Horne show tonight has been cancelled.
Given everything that's happening, it is only a minor irritation.

D

Deleted member 23270

Scum attacking attempting to hack my accounts with CF as my e mail. I'm trawling though the ones where I spend money and having to change the e mail address and password and remove any linked cards before they get to them. Strangely they've not been at this one. Or.....maybe they have.
I reckon they have, been some crazy rants from this profile over the last few weeks ?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Amateur league refs who are really, really strict on foul throws. What's the point? All you're doing is getting the ball back in play, as long as it goes behind your head what's the problem? Let's get on with it. They are genuinely stricter on throws than Premier League refs are.
I was linesman for my son's U13 match yesterday. One of the opposition players was constantly putting one foot onto the pitch when taking throws. I flagged and the ref gave a foul throw and I quietly explained why to the individual concerned. I was expecting some grief from the opposition parents, but in fact they backed me up. My view is that you can't pick and choose which rules should be enforced and so you have to go by the rules as far as it is practical to do so.
Agree that the Premier League are very lax in enforcing foul throws. Seen multiple examples of foul throws at the King Power and they are rarely pulled up on it.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was linesman for my son's U13 match yesterday. One of the opposition players was constantly putting one foot onto the pitch when taking throws. I flagged and the ref gave a foul throw and I quietly explained why to the individual concerned. I was expecting some grief from the opposition parents, but in fact they backed me up. My view is that you can't pick and choose which rules should be enforced and so you have to go by the rules as far as it is practical to do so.
Agree that the Premier League are very lax in enforcing foul throws. Seen multiple examples of foul throws at the King Power and they are rarely pulled up on it.
It would help if professional footballers took the throw in from within 10 yards of where the ball went out!

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Downside of retirement being my hands have become girly soft... They are now sore/irritated from, possibly, over use of sanitiser... Next batch I make up I will have to reduce the level of alcohol...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a foul throw given against me which was perfectly fine. I was taking a short throw in to my centre back, and the ref said I released the ball too late. If I release it earlier though it's going to go straight up in the air isn't it? What's the point of enforcing to the point where all I can do is launch it up the line? The rest of the game that's what I had to do every time, just long throw up the line. Because he wouldn't let us take a short throw in at all, it was impossible. If that is the case then the throw-in rules should be changed. As I said, the game is football, all you're doing is getting it back in play, why does the technique need to be so precise??