Random Irritations

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our over 40's Saturday football league has been postponed until further notice :eek:
We're 2nd in the league with three games in hand on first place (three points behind), in the semi of one cup and qf of another. I really hope this doesn't ruin our season when we'll inevitably be playing midweek games to make up the lost time :cry:

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Our over 40's Saturday football league has been postponed until further notice :eek:
We're 2nd in the league with three games in hand on first place (three points behind), in the semi of one cup and qf of another. I really hope this doesn't ruin our season when we'll inevitably be playing midweek games to make up the lost time :cry:

Your spectator numbers obviously means you qualify as a 'mass' gathering ;);)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Work!
For the last few years my pay reviews have been poor. Of the 8 people in my role my wage is approx 10/15% higher than the rest. Due mainly to years of experience and yearly increases.

They’ve finally realised Brexit Is going to be hell for customs clearance companies and have decided to offer new contracts with additiional clauses such as 3 months notice and also not leaving to a rival for 24 months. For accepting these terms they’ve offered everyone the same wage.

meaning my colleagues are getting approx 25% Increases, me approx 10%.
leaving me with the choice of accepting a poor increase, or earning less than people with far less experience and hoping brexit really is turmoil in January.

The money was only really half the frustration really. They played the whole we want to reward loyalty card, whilst disregarding my 12 years as opposed to 2/3 years of my colleagues

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Work!
For the last few years my pay reviews have been poor. Of the 8 people in my role my wage is approx 10/15% higher than the rest. Due mainly to years of experience and yearly increases.

They’ve finally realised Brexit Is going to be hell for customs clearance companies and have decided to offer new contracts with additiional clauses such as 3 months notice and also not leaving to a rival for 24 months. For accepting these terms they’ve offered everyone the same wage.

meaning my colleagues are getting approx 25% Increases, me approx 10%.
leaving me with the choice of accepting a poor increase, or earning less than people with far less experience and hoping brexit really is turmoil in January.

The money was only really half the frustration really. They played the whole we want to reward loyalty card, whilst disregarding my 12 years as opposed to 2/3 years of my colleagues
Think most on this forum would love a 10% rise, I certainly would. Think you may be better keeping quiet and enjoying the extra money.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Think most on this forum would love a 10% rise, I certainly would. Think you may be better keeping quiet and enjoying the extra money.
Would they like a 10% rise when everyone they work with gets 25%?

I realise it’s a good situation to be in, but Realistically if I wait til January and brexit happens. It will have been a poor choice to take it.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Why? I am in a similar position; they changed the pay arrangements at my place & everyone else caught up despite having nowhere near the experience, expertise or workload (my pay had previously been adjusted to account for ability & experience). Recently had a meeting to try & get the workload aspect amended. Of the two who could have assisted, one put sufficient conditions on the offer that it was never viable (although everyone is now told that they made the offer but wasn't taken up on it), the other flat out refused a change, saying they didn't see why they should do any more work than they currently do. For reference, their area had just under 4,000 pieces of work last year, mine had about 11,500. And I actually take home less money than they do. I feel your pain Dave.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Why not ask them to justify what they are doing. Explain your rationale/gripe and ask them is it fair? If you get a like it or lump it response you have a choice. Suck it up or move.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Why not ask them to justify what they are doing. Explain your rationale/gripe and ask them is it fair? If you get a like it or lump it response you have a choice. Suck it up or move.

I have explained it numerous times. Like I said, for 4 years I’ve had my pay held against me. They were quick enough to promote me when I outshone colleagues, then put the breaks on when we had a turnover of staff and got new (cheaper folk in).

As things stand, they’ve asked me to reconsider my stance (to refuse the offer), which would see me stay on my current contract and then come January leave for likely a better wage and leave them without their experienced staff in a time they will need more not less.
I did offer to meet in the middle and I realised a 25% raise for me would put me close to those in the position above and I wasnt after that.

I am lucky enough that my current wage and that of my missus mean that money isn’t the real reason for the frustration.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
In case anyone's missed it on the Sky golf channel, The Players has been cancelled. :rolleyes:

So show us some other golf please Sky, rather than Chamblee, Leonard & others pontificating like they're world leaders or health experts.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
In case anyone's missed it on the Sky golf channel, The Players has been cancelled. :rolleyes:

So show us some other golf please Sky, rather than Chamblee, Leonard & others pontificating like they're world leaders or health experts.

currently 77 downloads available on sky q if you simply search “golf”.

living in a village with broadband at 5mb means there’s more there than I can download in a week :LOL::LOL:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Scum attacking attempting to hack my accounts with CF as my e mail. I'm trawling though the ones where I spend money and having to change the e mail address and password and remove any linked cards before they get to them. Strangely they've not been at this one. Or.....maybe they have.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Would they like a 10% rise when everyone they work with gets 25%?

I realise it’s a good situation to be in, but Realistically if I wait til January and brexit happens. It will have been a poor choice to take it.
Surprised you are allowed to know what others in the company are on. Was on a military resettlement course last week and we were told it was a definite no no to discuss wages in the majority of companies - unlike the military where you have a good idea due to rank and trade

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Surprised you are allowed to know what others in the company are on. Was on a military resettlement course last week and we were told it was a definite no no to discuss wages in the majority of companies - unlike the military where you have a good idea due to rank and trade
Lots of companies might not want wages discussed but nowt they can do to stop it. When I first got promoted I found out what everyone was on because even then they tried to low ball with talk of opportunities etc.