Random Irritations

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
You didn't - it wasn't personal.

I am reflecting from your post that there is that view out there that Harry has only done this because Megan has told him to do it - he has been manipulated by her. A view held it seems by the same sort of folks (mainly blokes it seems) who strongly critisise Greta Thunberg (again I stress not for a second suggesting that you are one of these folks). And weirdly they also in general seem to be Brexit enthusiasts.

Maybe it's the other way round. Those understanding and uncritical of Megan Markle are likely to support the views of Greta Thunberg and also to have been Remain voters :)

Sweeping generalisations by a certain poster, especially in relation to Brexit and its supporters. Why don't you just give it a rest?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And what's wrong with that if it resonates with me?
Carry on if you want.
However although I often disagree with what you say, I always felt you were honest with your own opinions and respected you for that....but you obviously are a vacuum for whatever LBC is throwing out and repeat them here as your own.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Carry on if you want.
However although I often disagree with what you say, I always felt you were honest with your own opinions and respected you for that....but you obviously are a vacuum for whatever LBC is throwing out and repeat them here as your own.
How do I know something - how do I have an opinion about something? I read, see or hear about it. If I read, see or hear something that resonates with me or that I agree with - am I supposed to just forget about it? No. I use it to structure and inform my own views. But I try and not do it blindly...

[EDIT]See also Shirley Valentine...

Teacher - how do you know the answer to that?
Shirley - I read it.

Last edited:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Expensive Hugo Boss long sleeved polos that you wear once, wash at 40 degrees, and comes out so shrunk it wouldn't fit a child.

No, I didn't keep the receipt.

Wolf

Visit site
Military medical records dept again? potential new employer is still waiting to receive my documents from them getting on 5 months from when they were first requested and despite them saying they've finally released them they seem to have disappeared into the ether... So have to be chased again, but compounded by this is the potential delay to my new career its causing because the delay means i can't start till March/April now meaning my contracts I'm currently working will expire in February leaving me in no mans land for income for potentially 2 months and neither of the companies i contract for want less than a 6 month renewal....

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Military medical records dept again? potential new employer is still waiting to receive my documents from them getting on 5 months from when they were first requested and despite them saying they've finally released them they seem to have disappeared into the ether... So have to be chased again, but compounded by this is the potential delay to my new career its causing because the delay means i can't start till March/April now meaning my contracts I'm currently working will expire in February leaving me in no mans land for income for potentially 2 months and neither of the companies i contract for want less than a 6 month renewal....

If its that tight as a contractor have you not built a buffer for future Self Assessment Tax returns before being employed. Just be wary of HMRC and IR35 if you're just contracted to just one client (like MoD) they are tweaking the collars of numerous 'self employed' contractors for back tax and NI. get your accountant to check.

Wolf

Visit site
If its that tight as a contractor have you not built a buffer for future Self Assessment Tax returns before being employed. Just be wary of HMRC and IR35 if you're just contracted to just one client (like MoD) they are tweaking the collars of numerous 'self employed' contractors for back tax and NI. get your accountant to check.
I have got a buffer and can last for a while, but its not something I wanted to have to do as wanted to keep that as something that will help the initial backward step in salary which I'll be having for a few months of my new role whilst I complete some compulsory training which I don't need as I've done before but has to be done from a health and safety compliance point of view with the new employer. Fortunately not been contracted to one employer and lucky to have a very good accountant thats worked through everything for me. Just the frustration that i may be eating into the reserves more than I'd have wanted to.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, IR35 is a pain in the neck. Wife is a health and safety contractor and she has had a few long term contracts with one company (no more than 12 months, renewed after 6) they are now re-considering the whole thing as they are worried about the impact of IR35

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Weather for tomorrow is 40-50mph winds, heavy rain. I've cancelled my round tomorrow, it's around a month now since I last played for one reason or another. I'm missing it.

We don't have any dwarfs at our club. Nobody's blackballing them. They just don't apply.
What are the special challenges to you little people when playing our game?