Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Major for me today (being a staunch Royalist) - Harry and his wife.
The 'royal family loving' newspapers and other media outlets maybe have a bit of reflection to do as one of their main 'sellers' choose to tell them all to get stuffed - we're off. I'm 'meh' about the news to be honest - what H&M do, and have been doing, is totally off my 'can be bothered' radar - but I get how some will be upset and others will be irritated.

Wolf

Visit site
Im not sure how well thought through this idea is. Harry loses so much more than he probably realises with this rushed announcement and I think he will be the one regretting this and perhaps resenting his wife in years to come..

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Im not sure how well thought through this idea is. Harry loses so much more than he probably realises with this rushed announcement and I think he will be the one regretting this and perhaps resenting his wife in years to come..
ah yes - the 'Harry is dominated by Megan - he's changed a lot since he got married' view. Well maybe he's not the first...

I have sympathy for them and wish them well - simply as a young couple with a family trying to find their way and new place in life.

Wolf

Visit site
ah yes - the 'Harry is dominated by Megan - he's changed a lot since he got married' view. Well maybe he's not the first...

I have sympathy for them and wish them well - simply as a young couple with a family trying to find their way and new place in life.
Where did I say Harry is dominated by Meghan.... I said he has more to lose than her and thats where the resentment will be born out of. Nothing to do with your assumption of her dominating him..

I have no sympathy for them, they make their own decisions and must accept the consequence.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Where did I say Harry is dominated by Meghan.... I said he has more to lose than her and thats where the resentment will be born out of. Nothing to do with your assumption of her dominating him..

I have no sympathy for them, they make their own decisions and must accept the consequence.
You didn't - it wasn't personal.

I am reflecting from your post that there is that view out there that Harry has only done this because Megan has told him to do it - he has been manipulated by her. A view held it seems by the same sort of folks (mainly blokes it seems) who strongly critisise Greta Thunberg (again I stress not for a second suggesting that you are one of these folks). And weirdly they also in general seem to be Brexit enthusiasts.

Maybe it's the other way round. Those understanding and uncritical of Megan Markle are likely to support the views of Greta Thunberg and also to have been Remain voters :)

Wolf

Visit site

I am reflecting from your post that there is that view out there that Harry has only done this because Megan has told him to do it - he has been manipulated by her. A view held it seems by the same sort of folks (mainly blokes it seems) who strongly critisise Greta Thunberg (again I stress not for a second suggesting that you are one of these folks). And weirdly they also in general seem to be Brexit enthusiasts.
Fair enough..

People always assume it's someone else's fault and that's because ita easier to blame his wife than acknowledge this man has to take responsibility for his own choices and actions. The statement released is very generic ans doesn't really state in what way they'll be stepping back and id imagine the royals have a lot to thrash out in those terms, what with his roles with the military and other public engagements. I can't see them allowing him to pick and choose what he wants.

As for Greta Thunberg I have lots of issues with her and way she is handled but I'm not a brexit enthusiast and was a remain voter.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Maybe it's the other way round. Those understanding and uncritical of Megan Markle are likely to support the views of Greta Thunberg and also to have been Remain voters :)
Oh god, do you always repeat the views from LBC every time?
I happened to be working in a kitchen where the tenant had this on....and guess what almost exactly the same presenter opinion as your typing.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
People who say ... " I agree..... but...." just say "I'd agree but...."
Wasted weasel words: state your view if you don't agree that's fine just don't say you do !!!