Random Irritations

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
My 5 iron going the same distance as my 6 iron and my 5 hybrid (+2°) going 25 yards further...:rolleyes:

Does your 4-iron go further, or is the 5-iron your longest iron?
It could be a diminishing returns issue where the six iron is where you max out for that shape of club. It wouldn't be rare because irons are so strong lofted today.

When i took up golf, and lofts were much weaker, people were trading their 2-irons for 5-woods because of diminishing returns. Today's 5-irons aren't much weaker lofted than old 2-irons..a degree or two, perhaps. Lots of recreation player start with 6-irons and fill the gap to their fairway wood(s) with hybrids which you seem to hit well.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
When the guy who has his test booked for 8am this morning, so I'm picking him up at 7, calls at 6.45 to tell me that he's made a cock up and his test is actaully Friday at 8 and not today....
I do wonder sometimes how some people make it past Infant School before their brains expire through overload...:mad::poop:
How hard can it be..?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
When the guy who has his test booked for 8am this morning, so I'm picking him up at 7, calls at 6.45 to tell me that he's made a cock up and his test is actaully Friday at 8 and not today....
I do wonder sometimes how some people make it past Infant School before their brains expire through overload...:mad::poop:
How hard can it be..?

Great start to the day!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Today's 5-irons aren't much weaker lofted than old 2-irons..a degree or two, perhaps.

A bit of a generalisation there.

Compared to an old 2 iron (18 degrees).........
Your own set T300 the 5 iron is 23 degrees
T100 is 27 degrees
Mizuno MP 20 27 degrees
Taylor Made P7TW 27 Degrees
Ping i210 26 degrees
To name but a few.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Finding out there’s metastatic spread to my girlfriend’s liver so that’s another worry and another operation at some point.

Some good news in 2020 any time now would be good!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Finding out there’s metastatic spread to my girlfriend’s liver so that’s another worry and another operation at some point.

Some good news in 2020 any time now would be good!

Sorry to hear that - metastatic spread is always going to be a residual fear and it's s**t when it happens. I guess a possible 'positive' look at this (if there is anything not 100% negative to be taken from the news) is that if it's going to spread anywhere, then if it's operable and limited to the liver then the liver is great at recovering from all sorts of hammering it takes. But that's not going to be much comfort at the moment so thoughts and prayers with you and your g/friend.