Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Weather for tomorrow is 40-50mph winds, heavy rain. I've cancelled my round tomorrow, it's around a month now since I last played for one reason or another. I'm missing it.

Not quite so bad down here at 16-20mph but with gusts at 35-40 so the monthly stableford should be interesting. At least the wind we've had the last couple of days should have helped dry the course out so might even get a bit of run again

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just found out Neil Peart from Rush has died.
I'm not a fan of Rush by any means but Peart was an absolute killer drummer, a legend up there with Rich, Bonham and Baker.
Rip the professor.
Very sad news. Fortunately, I got to see Rush once in 2011 he was one of the great drummers. RIP Neil.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I wish that one of the manufacturers would make a cart bag for seventeen clubs. It would be so easy: 4 x 4 full-length club dividers plus a putter well. You can squeeze seventeen clubs into a big staff bag, but the grips still get all tangled up at the bottom. I know. I've done it. Cart bags beat staff bags to hell.

Sometimes a player just wants to play with his whole set. How else do you know which fourteen to choose when you're actually playing by the rules?
Brits need to think more like American sportsmen, anyway. If you're not cheating, well, you're not really trying.:cool:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
UPS... just wow. useless isnt the word

for my bother in laws bday my dad wanted to get him this item off ebay.. no drama dad sorted.. ordered it to your house will be with you Tuesday (we ordered it friday 3rd Jan)

Wednesday im over there .. dad has that present arrived? not yet... so checked my ebay.. it said "problem with address" no email to say there had been an issue.. lucky I decided to ask

turns out somehow ebay had taken my dads address but used my postcode.. no idea how.. so obviously UPS had his first line of address but a none matching post code

I give ebay a call.. they were applogetic .. said nothing they could do now but to call UPS see if they could help (basically the tracking said out for delivery but no idea when arriving or to what house)

called them 3pm the wednesday.. dont worry we corrected the address will be with you today at your dads address

6pm item delivered to local parcel shop.. what? why.. called them up oh sorry the driver couldnt find the address as wrong postcode.. but I corrected that at 3pm and you said you had corrected it yourself?

they arranaged for it to be sent out again friday to my dads
friday comes.. 5pm call them up.. oh it never got picked up.. we can get it to you tuesday.. so I wasnt impressed .. apparently they have no way of calling the depot to arrange collection and that they would send a message to them and to have a call back within an hour

my phone never rang

its still at the parcel shop

problem is I will have to send my dad down there to get it as my ID wont work as I had it sent to him

next time.. wont bother