Random Irritations

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The bin men making absolutely no effort whatsoever to return an emptied bin to outside the address they got it from.

The almost weekly game of hunt the bin really grinds my gears, not least because I clean ours, and none of the neighbours do. Not a huge issue now, but in summer I don’t particularly want an infestation of flies because someone else’s bin, stinking of god knows what, has ended up being on my drive.

😡

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn't recall not seeing line judges at the recent US open but wasn't really looking for them or not
I don't watch tennis so would not know but it states the following in the article

The women's WTA Tour is moving in the same direction and with the Australian Open and the US Open having already adopted electronic line calling in 2021 and 2022 respectively, Wimbledon risked becoming an anomaly.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
the only time I ever get cash out is on the way to the golf club to pay entry fees, fortunately I drive past a cash point on the way so its no big deal to pull over and get some out.
Not really. The problem is, as the post said, bloke turn up with £20 notes. What cash machine gives coins?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
The bin men making absolutely no effort whatsoever to return an emptied bin to outside the address they got it from.

The almost weekly game of hunt the bin really grinds my gears, not least because I clean ours, and none of the neighbours do. Not a huge issue now, but in summer I don’t particularly want an infestation of flies because someone else’s bin, stinking of god knows what, has ended up being on my drive.

😡
Have you not stuck numbers on them?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Have you not stuck numbers on them?
Our garden bins have payment proof stickers on them with the address the sticker is assigned to.
3 weeks ago I didn't put ours out as there was nothing in it..
I get back from golf and there's a brown bin on the drive - from a house 150 yards away in a different road.
Our binmen are very efficient except where they leave empty bins.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our garden bins have payment proof stickers on them with the address the sticker is assigned to.
3 weeks ago I didn't put ours out as there was nothing in it..
I get back from golf and there's a brown bin on the drive - from a house 150 yards away in a different road.
Our binmen are very efficient except where they leave empty bins.
Our binmen like to leave the bins in the centre of my parking space on the drive so I have to get out and move it before I can park when I get home in the evening. 😠

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is it difficult to just put it back where you found it though? You would think they were shuffling them around on purpose for a laugh.
Probably is when they have impatient motorists hassling them to get out of the way, pressure to ensure they complete the collections on time so people don't ring in and complain, etc

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

😡
You need a remote control homing bin.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

😡
We are similar. Next door in particular have very dirty bins and often have maggots in the summer whereas my wife and I clean ours regularly. We were getting it done by a bin cleaning company but that was getting extortionate even with a deal to have the windows done by the same company

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
I'm talking about my situation ;).

Club comp, everyone enters with cash and they always have change so no problems at all.
How very quaint, ours comes of our bar card. But our bar levy can't be used for comps.
A lady came in to complain that she couldn't enter the comp as not enough money. She just couldn't grasp the concept bar levy doesn't equate to comps.