Random Irritations

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Are benefits (with the exception of housing benefit) London weighted?
I don't know that either.

But I do know that housing benefit goes to the owner of the property and not the occupier.
The occupier sees it only in transition from state to property owner.

State pension is the biggest benefit payout and housing benefit the second biggest benefit payout.
Makes me ponder what "those who live on benefits" actually means. Pensioners and property owners mainly, then?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don't know that either.

But I do know that housing benefit goes to the owner of the property and not the occupier.
The occupier sees it only in transition from state to property owner.

State pension is the biggest benefit payout and housing benefit the second biggest benefit payout.
Makes me ponder what "those who live on benefits" actually means. Pensioners and property owners mainly, then?
Eh? Your about as trustworthy as the BBC in your posting…

£138.1B spent on Pensions, £15.8B spent on Housing Benefits.

Second biggest outlay £138B to Working age and Children’s welfare. Including Universal Credit.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you want proof that the benefits system is broken then you need to look no further than carers allowance. You can be in receipt of a disability benefit as can your partner and then you can both claim carers allowance for looking after the other person. So, you claim that you need someone to look after you , but also claim you can look after them.

Another issue that needs looking at is people claiming mobility payments and then also getting free transport to school, hospital, etc - another double payment.

And before anyone says this isn’t true, my wife works in benefits and sees this every day.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Eh? Your about as trustworthy as the BBC in your posting…

£138.1B spent on Pensions, £15.8B spent on Housing Benefits.

Second biggest outlay £138B to Working age and Children’s welfare. Including Universal Credit.

My apologies for being out of date.
I just haven't kept up to speed with the increase in poverty over the last 12 years. Hard to believe that it has actually happened. I wonder what caused it.

benefits 2012.jpg

Last edited:

PaulMdj

Visit site
If you want proof that the benefits system is broken then you need to look no further than carers allowance. You can be in receipt of a disability benefit as can your partner and then you can both claim carers allowance for looking after the other person. So, you claim that you need someone to look after you , but also claim you can look after them.

Another issue that needs looking at is people claiming mobility payments and then also getting free transport to school, hospital, etc - another double payment.

And before anyone says this isn’t true, my wife works in benefits and sees this every day.
You’re saying that as if these benefits are automaticlly awarded, Carers Allowance is only paid if you meet a certain criteria, if 2 are receiving it then they meet that threshold.

PaulMdj

Visit site
People tarring everyone with the same brush!

I’m a Caseworker for the British Legion in the North East and I can 100% state there are people living way below the breadline, pensioners who do choose between food and heating and certainly don’t go out drinking or who smoke!!

Last year it was shown some £19 Billion worth of benefits go unclaimed in the UK and £26 Billion in unclaimed Pension pots.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
The system is there to look after the needy and to accuse them all of playing the system is embarrassing.
It's actually a little worse than that.
It makes one sound like a socially regressive mid-western or southern American.
Your NHS is the model for the whole world and I genuinely respect you for it.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I really, really hope you and your family stay healthy, your level of ignorance is incredible.

The system is there to look after the needy and to accusse them all of playing the system is embarrassing.
Lots do it,if you think otherwise fair enough.
Agree to disagree 👍🏻

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Define lots? Obviously there are some unscroupulous people in all walks of life, fiddling at every level.

You didn’t say some or a few or lots on any previous post.
Surely you don’t need me to explain what “lots” means Paul 🤷‍♂

As for the bit in bold 🤯
I’m not even try to make sense of that 😂