Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or the Coffee shops in the high street selling £5 coffees to wash down the £4 danishes. No shortage of customers no matter how many different shops open.

The media just preach the line they are told to. Britain is broken and needs major reforms.

To be fair you can only see what's around you. You won't see those who can't afford hot meals etc as they haven't got the money to spend on whatever the latest area to attack people for spending is for

Pin-seeker

Visit site
To be fair you can only see what's around you. You won't see those who can't afford hot meals etc as they haven't got the money to spend on whatever the latest area to attack people for spending is for
Majority of people claiming they can’t afford hot meals are talking 💩.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Well I am an Electrical contractor and we work in some of the most “deprived” areas of London, Dagenham, Tower Hamlets, Newham, the crap part of RBKC, the very roughest estates, often inside peoples houses and I have never seen these people that can’t afford a hot meal.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well I am an Electrical contractor and we work in some of the most “deprived” areas of London, Dagenham, Tower Hamlets, Newham, the crap part of RBKC, the very roughest estates, often inside peoples houses and I have never seen these people that can’t afford a hot meal.

Is it really a shock that us in the south east are some of the least effected by the situations? A small sample from areas with more wealth than a lot of the rest of the country is hardly scientific

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I was wondering whether the south east of England has a better standard of poverty than the rest of the UK. :unsure:
I don't know whether that is the case or not.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was wondering whether the south east of England has a better standard of poverty than the rest of the UK.
I don't know whether that is the case or not.

My dad is a member of the salvation army as are a few of my friends, so I do know a few people they have helped who have nothing. Who couldn't afford the heating or hot meals

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Is it really a shock that us in the south east are some of the least effected by the situations? A small sample from areas with more wealth than a lot of the rest of the country is hardly scientific
But we have some terribly poor, run down areas that are as equally deprived as anywhere else in the country, parts of Jaywick, Dagenham and Luton are absolutely rock bottom. But it’s not Victorian Britain, people are not starving. We have a world class welfare state that makes sure of that.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But we have some terribly poor, run down areas that are as equally deprived as anywhere else in the country, parts of Jaywick, Dagenham and Luton are absolutely rock bottom. But it’s not Victorian Britain, people are not starving. We have a world class welfare state that makes sure of that.

That's because people make choices. They don't "starve to death" that was never the head line but people are skipping meals. Parents skipping meals to give kids meals. People only having one hot meal a week.. but not starving. Just surviving.

That's why we have free school meals until age 7 in schools and then for anyone on benefits because it could be that child's one hot meal a day.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
🤣🤣 Are we playing daily mail bingo? So now the winter fuel payment is cut will the same people follow the advise of putting a jumper on, stop eating avocado on toast and cancel netflix to afford it?
If you don’t work for your money you shouldn’t be able to afford Netflix,Sky,foreign holidays,latest mobile phone,beer,nicotine….

Pin-seeker

Visit site
That's because people make choices. They don't "starve to death" that was never the head line but people are skipping meals. Parents skipping meals to give kids meals. People only having one hot meal a week.. but not starving. Just surviving.

That's why we have free school meals until age 7 in schools and then for anyone on benefits because it could be that child's one hot meal a day.
Most (not all) claiming this are talking 💩.
They just want more free money than they’re already getting.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Again where?
You said “tbf you only see what’s around you” a good point if I never left leafy Hornchurch so I told you of my real life experiences all over London. I don’t recognise what you say is going on.

Even in the poorest areas where the kids stink of weed, dads buggered off years ago and Mum struggles to get her nails and eyelashes done on the benefits she receives I do not see poor waifs. (Tbh the mums often look like they could do with missing a meal or two!)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Again where?
You said “tbf you only see what’s around you” a good point if I never left leafy Hornchurch so I told you of my real life experiences all over London. I don’t recognise what you say is going on.

Even in the poorest areas where the kids stink of weed, dads buggered off years ago and Mum struggles to get her nails and eyelashes done on the benefits she receives I do not see poor waifs. (Tbh the mums often look like they could do with missing a meal or two!)

Have you ever thought that those who can't afford and in poverty don't go around adverting it? You go in to fix whatever they hardly going to go hi im poor. I can't afford the heating.