Random Irritations

4LEX

Visit site
Thank you. Years ago I did the sums to work this out for somebody who was moaning about it. Haven't got them to hand. But the kind of life you would actually get on benefits is so basic.

It's like when people moan about prison being easy 3 meals a day etc etc.. oh yeah being locked in a cell for 22 hours a day (depending on prison) sounds wonderful

All little soundbites that get trotted out which nobody bothers to actually fact check or think about.

Sod benefits..give me working for a living and actually get a semi decent lifestyle

Not digging, but I would love to see these sums you've done. Can you please try and find them?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
You're talking nonsense and exaggerating to try to justify yourself.

If you don't think there's a serious number out there milking the system who live a decent life then you're deluded.

What’s a “serious” number ? How many are you talking about

And what’s a decent life ?

People on benefits can prob end up with approx £300 a month to spend on food , bills etc

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The irony that those who believe the "media have done great work" making people "believe" there are people suffering don't see the media has done a great job on them making them believe the narrative that those are the people who are the problem.

4LEX

Visit site
What’s a “serious” number ? How many are you talking about

And what’s a decent life ?

People on benefits can prob end up with approx £300 a month to spend on food , bills etc

I'm saying no one believes there's benefit scroungers out there with 3 cars, who have 3 holidays a year and also have 5 kids, as hambugerpete claimed.

I'm also mainly talking about people who claim benefits, work cash in hand and live a good life. People who know how to 'play' the system.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thread unlocked. Please move on from this and get back to being mildly irritated by irrational things.

I have misplaced my headphones. My spare ones I haven't seen for ages as I stopped carrying them with me as I always had my headphones

I've either left them in my work locker or in Bournemouth it seems

Hopefully the former

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last Thursday I golfed with a buggy and stupidly left my range finder magnetised to it.
I didn't realise for a couple of days and guess what ................................ it's not been handed in meaning that some bugger has found it and kept it.
I hope their legs fall off.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last Thursday I golfed with a buggy and stupidly left my range finder magnetised to it.
I didn't realise for a couple of days and guess what ................................ it's not been handed in meaning that some bugger has found it and kept it.
I hope their legs fall off.
More importantly how did your knee feel?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have misplaced my headphones. My spare ones I haven't seen for ages as I stopped carrying them with me as I always had my headphones

I've either left them in my work locker or in Bournemouth it seems

Hopefully the former

@Lord Tyrion well they are in Bournemouth, along with the 2 coats I left in the wardrobe as i decided to use the wardrobe Mrs loved that "told you not to" she was right. They hadn't posted me the coats back yet and they have my headphones so should get back within the next week or so