Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You just know it’s going to be redelivery next day. Of course it would be when thats the worst possible time…
Yeah, it did say they were going to attempt tomorrow. The online service was completely useless and wouldn't let me change anything, but I phoned them up and managed to speak to someone who assures me it will now be delivered to the depot (which is in Watford so not far for me) and I can collect it from there. Check back tomorrow for the update when they've accidentally sent it to Wakefield depot instead. :LOL:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
If its anything like my last CPO/UPS delivery it was left around the back of next door - and they were in Ghana for a month.......
Is there a decent parcel delivery service out there..?
Are any of them any good..?
To be fair I don't get a lot of hassle with DPD......
DHL Express seem to be decent. Over 200 deliveries since I started using a supplier that uses them and 1 failed but that was due to customs rather then DHL themselves.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Feeling crap since last Wednesday and not feeling any better. Called the GP at 8.00am when the lines opened. 41st in the queue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An hour and 20 later when I got through all face to face and phone appointments taken for today. Please try again tomorrow, call 111 or go to A&E. This part of the health service is broken beyond repair

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Feeling crap since last Wednesday and not feeling any better. Called the GP at 8.00am when the lines opened. 41st in the queue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An hour and 20 later when I got through all face to face and phone appointments taken for today. Please try again tomorrow, call 111 or go to A&E. This part of the health service is broken beyond repair
You're lucky you had a queue system. Up until recently the message was "all our lines are busy, please try later"

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not all. Our doctors has a triage service operating which does work well. Trying to get a routine appointment can be a nightmare though.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I dont drive much because I m wfh. but everytime I get into our runaround, it seems to empty. Mrs uses it but never seem to fill up. Now she is used to the EV being plugged at home. I am assuming she has forgotten how to use a pump..

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I dont drive much because I m wfh. but everytime I get into our runaround, it seems to empty. Mrs uses it but never seem to fill up. Now she is used to the EV being plugged at home. I am assuming she has forgotten how to use a pump..

Does your Mrs not have the magic car that fills itself up? Even before I got her the Kona she had the magic car that always filled itself up with petrol and insured itself ..

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
This is from Callaway Pre-Owned, first time I used them so I didn't know it would be UPS. Not sure what they'll do with the parcel, but if I have to go and get it from somewhere that's fine as it saves the missus finding out I've tossed 150 quid on a new club. Although if they reattempt delivery tomorrow, opposite problem since we're both at home. :LOL:
Ahhh....so now we are getting to the real crux of the issue. :D

Reminds me of the time some bloke on ebay requested the clubs I'd sold be delivered on a specific date, when his wife would be away. I said I'd use my usual highly reliable 48hr service and post them 2 days before the desired date. Turns out my courier were super efficient and delivered next day, which went down like a lead balloon and was all my fault that he'd had a barney with his missus!!!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Of course not. ANd not going to A&E for something a GP should be able to sort if I could make contact
Why not ring 111 and see a doctor that way?
We all know the GP system is broken and incapable of providing the service we need, and the business of phoning at 8:30 to book an appointment is just impossible for most. Thankfully, 111 is there to provide the appointments that day we need.
My GP has been unable to provide an appointment on the same day I have rung for ages now, and thankfully 111 has been there to sort me of 2 seperate cases of cellulitis and sepsis in the elbow.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
UPS is a joke. I just to want to add delivery instructions for leaving my parcel in a safe place - like you would with every other delivery company in the world. Apparently I need to register for a whole service called 'My Choice' to do this though. What the heck? So it's turning up at lunchtime when nobody is home, I guess I'll just wait and see what happens then.
Bit late for this but there will be a photo of it resting against the door trouble is will be somebody else's door.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit for this but there will be a photo of it resting against the door trouble is will be somebody else's door.
It's now at the UPS depot waiting for me to collect. At least, I assume it is - the notifications the man on the phone assured me I would get have not materialised, funnily enough. So I'll just have to give them a flying visit on the off chance it's there. :rolleyes:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's now at the UPS depot waiting for me to collect. At least, I assume it is - the notifications the man on the phone assured me I would get have not materialised, funnily enough. So I'll just have to give them a flying visit on the off chance it's there. :rolleyes:
I wonder if Callaway are one of those companies that will not allow parcels to be left without a signature.