Random Irritations

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Genuine question - not sure how it's taken so long, but only just discovered the joys of rum. Didn't know what's good so bought a bottle of Capt Morgan's Spiced Gold from tesco, and I like a lot. Where do I go next? (Apart from rehab)

My preference is dark spiced rum, some of my favourites are Krakken, Rumbulloin, Sailor Jerry and Captain Morgan’s Black Spiced, all easily available and not too expensive.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Welsh accent, or more pointedly the Welsh woman Molly whatever her surname is doing the sport bits on 5live news. Brentt-ford is not how it’s pronounced……

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Genuine question - not sure how it's taken so long, but only just discovered the joys of rum. Didn't know what's good so bought a bottle of Capt Morgan's Spiced Gold from tesco, and I like a lot. Where do I go next? (Apart from rehab)
Try one of these neat with just one or two ice cubes. Both are standard golden rums and ideal for sipping.

Mount Gay - Eclipse
or
Cockspur - Original fine rum

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
UPS is a joke. I just to want to add delivery instructions for leaving my parcel in a safe place - like you would with every other delivery company in the world. Apparently I need to register for a whole service called 'My Choice' to do this though. What the heck? So it's turning up at lunchtime when nobody is home, I guess I'll just wait and see what happens then.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
UPS is a joke. I just to want to add delivery instructions for leaving my parcel in a safe place - like you would with every other delivery company in the world. Apparently I need to register for a whole service called 'My Choice' to do this though. What the heck? So it's turning up at lunchtime when nobody is home, I guess I'll just wait and see what happens then.

Royal Mail easily allow putting a safe place on a collection. Then completely ignore it and say collection failed as no-one was home. Useless.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thing is, even after you register for ‘my choice’ 9 out of 10 times it then tells you there are no options for setting a safe place. It’s the worst UI and for such a large company it’s baffling.

I’ve commented on here loads that it really should be renamed Useless Parcel Service (loosely using the word ‘service’).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thing is, even after you register for ‘my choice’ 9 out of 10 times it then tells you there are no options for setting a safe place. It’s the worst UI and for such a large company it’s baffling.

I’ve commented on here loads that it really should be renamed Useless Parcel Service (loosely using the word ‘service’).
Useless Parcel Shambles?

Morfeen75

Visit site
I noticed a while ago that certain stores dont allow couriers to leave certain items in safe places. They get delivered to local Co-op stores to be collected.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Useless Parcel Shambles?
I stopped buying from a specific supplier because they insisted on using UPS.
The supplier contacted me and asked why I stopped ordering (around £30k of product per year) and I just said it was because of UPS. Too many failed deliveries and damaged goods and unable to simply track an order to male sure it can actually be delivered (if they bother to turn up).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I stopped buying from a specific supplier because they insisted on using UPS.
The supplier contacted me and asked why I stopped ordering (around £30k of product per year) and I just said it was because of UPS. Too many failed deliveries and damaged goods and unable to simply track an order to male sure it can actually be delivered (if they bother to turn up).
This is from Callaway Pre-Owned, first time I used them so I didn't know it would be UPS. Not sure what they'll do with the parcel, but if I have to go and get it from somewhere that's fine as it saves the missus finding out I've tossed 150 quid on a new club. Although if they reattempt delivery tomorrow, opposite problem since we're both at home. :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I noticed a while ago that certain stores dont allow couriers to leave certain items in safe places. They get delivered to local Co-op stores to be collected.
To be honest, I would say that is a better option. Safe place items must cost companies a fortune, did it really get there, receiver says it didn't. If it goes to a local shop it has been delivered safely, you can collect in your own time.

I deal with all of the delivery companies and the drivers have endless hassle with home deliveries, people not being in. Delivering to a local hub, bit like the amazon pick up from supermarkets, would make far more sense for everyone. I can see things moving that way, cheaper price for local delivery, pay more for doorstep delivery.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be honest, I would say that is a better option. Safe place items must cost companies a fortune, did it really get there, receiver says it didn't. If it goes to a local shop it has been delivered safely, you can collect in your own time.

I deal with all of the delivery companies and the drivers have endless hassle with home deliveries, people not being in. Delivering to a local hub, bit like the amazon pick up from supermarkets, would make far more sense for everyone. I can see things moving that way, cheaper price for local delivery, pay more for doorstep delivery.
Or they do as Amazon do, and just leave anything too big to go through the letterbox in the open by the front door.
That’s asking for trouble, especially since they lie and say you have received it and signed for it……

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is from Callaway Pre-Owned, first time I used them so I didn't know it would be UPS. Not sure what they'll do with the parcel, but if I have to go and get it from somewhere that's fine as it saves the missus finding out I've tossed 150 quid on a new club. Although if they reattempt delivery tomorrow, opposite problem since we're both at home. :LOL:
You just know it’s going to be redelivery next day. Of course it would be when thats the worst possible time…

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If its anything like my last CPO/UPS delivery it was left around the back of next door - and they were in Ghana for a month.......
Is there a decent parcel delivery service out there..?
Are any of them any good..?
To be fair I don't get a lot of hassle with DPD......

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If its anything like my last CPO/UPS delivery it was left around the back of next door - and they were in Ghana for a month.......
Is there a decent parcel delivery service out there..?
Are any of them any good..?
To be fair I don't get a lot of hassle with DPD......
Of all of the carriers, DHL are usually the most reliable. They are not interested in UK domestic though. Perhaps no coincidence, DHL staff tend to be employed by DHL, most other networks work on a franchise basis. How good the service is is very dependent on that franchise rather than the company as a whole.

Contrary to your experience, we had a spell of shipping with DPD and had to stop as they frequently failed to pick up from us. As I said, each franchise is a law unto itself. If your local delivery depot is a good one, you are lucky.