Random Irritations

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think you have covered the many other reasons I mentioned, but I don’t get the making them both expensive will make folk go to the pub. Come what may. Something needs to be done to get folk back to the once thriving pubs.
I do agree to a certain extent
it's all the other costs that have to be taken in to account
Rates - how much of their rates do supermarkets attribute to the space needed for alcohol. Look at all the unused space a pub has to pay rates on, same amount if there is 1 customer in or 100
Business Insurance - ditto to above
Staffing costs -ditto to above. The supermarkets do nit have to pay for someone to open the cans/bottles
Waste disposal the supermarkets do have to pay for empty cans and bottles to be collected the pubs do

Totally agree with the ridiculous cost of soft drinks, squash even at club is now in the region of £2.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
When I've read some of the apologies I do wonder how the solicitor has kept a straight face whilst reading them out. So many sound like the old Harry Enfield sketches, 'I was walking my dog and accidentally took a 2 mile wrong turn, picked up a stone in anger and threw it. Unfortunately a police officer happened to appear from nowhere and walked into it......' 🤪
My favourite from this week -

A woman has denied buying eggs and water for protesters to throw at police during a riot outside a hotel housing asylum seekers.
At Manchester Magistrates' Court, Barbara Barker, 52, of Tyndall Avenue in Manchester, pleaded not guilty to violent disorder during unrest on Oldham Road, in Newton Heath, on 31 July.
Prosecutor Suzanne Ludlow alleged Ms Barker was a "willing participant" who "aided and abetted the riots" by buying eggs and water from a nearby shop for protesters.
The 52-year-old had "no reason" to believe the eggs would be "used in any unlawful purpose", her defence lawyer John Black said.

Tashyboy

Visit site

A woman has denied buying eggs and water for protesters to throw at police during a riot outside a hotel housing asylum seekers.
At Manchester Magistrates' Court, Barbara Barker, 52, of Tyndall Avenue in Manchester, pleaded not guilty to violent disorder during unrest on Oldham Road, in Newton Heath, on 31 July.
Prosecutor Suzanne Ludlow alleged Ms Barker was a "willing participant" who "aided and abetted the riots" by buying eggs and water from a nearby shop for protesters.
The 52-year-old had "no reason" to believe the eggs would be "used in any unlawful purpose", her defence lawyer John Black said.
Was it Pancake Tuesday 🤔

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Eggs & water 😬
Guess the guys carrying blades are ok?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Some of you may recall that I had a 12 night spell in hospital in January after knackering both knees at the same time.

They did an X-ray when I got there and during my stay I asked if they were going to do a MRI scan

No was the answer, it’ll sort itself out in good time

I even offered to stump up the cash for a scan as I knew something wasn’t right particularly with the left knee.

Fast forward 8 months to an outpatient follow up

Still giving you gyp? Let’s book a MRI scan for you

Give me strength 🙄🙄

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some of you may recall that I had a 12 night spell in hospital in January after knackering both knees at the same time.

They did an X-ray when I got there and during my stay I asked if they were going to do a MRI scan

No was the answer, it’ll sort itself out in good time

I even offered to stump up the cash for a scan as I knew something wasn’t right particularly with the left knee.

Fast forward 8 months to an outpatient follow up

Still giving you gyp? Let’s book a MRI scan for you

Give me strength 🙄🙄
My wife had similar.
The doctor referred her for an MRI but they declined to do it as she was "too young"
10 day later shes in A&E, blocked gallbladder ducts leading to Sepsis in the gall bladder......all told by an MRI and then blood tests.
Lucky shes still alive after a total of 3.5 weeks in hozzie, 5 ops/procedures and waiting a total of 4 days for meds when she went home.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you have covered the many other reasons I mentioned, but I don’t get the making them both expensive will make folk go to the pub. Come what may. Something needs to be done to get folk back to the once thriving pubs.

One other aspect to consider is - I will not get breathalysed going from the settee to the kitchen and back again.

For a lot of people now one pint is their limit. Live in Scotland and even that will fail the test.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One other aspect to consider is - I will not get breathalysed going from the settee to the kitchen and back again.

For a lot of people now one pint is their limit. Live in Scotland and even that will fail the test.
Or some of us don't even risk just having 1 pint, as our driving license is needed for our jobs.:)

Tashyboy

Visit site

Am not sure which is worse, being breathalized and innocent or “ how many have you had” off missis T.

That said, Ave had two heavy days in my sons garden, am ballaxed and Ave no beers in the house 😡

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My wife had similar.
The doctor referred her for an MRI but they declined to do it as she was "too young"
10 day later shes in A&E, blocked gallbladder ducts leading to Sepsis in the gall bladder......all told by an MRI and then blood tests.
Lucky shes still alive after a total of 3.5 weeks in hozzie, 5 ops/procedures and waiting a total of 4 days for meds when she went home.
So the costs saved on the initial lack of an MRI backfired and the NHS end up spending more money because of the subsequent required surgery and treatment. And an MRI was still necessary anyway.

Hopefully your wife makes a full recovery.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So the costs saved on the initial lack of an MRI backfired and the NHS end up spending more money because of the subsequent required surgery and treatment. And an MRI was still necessary anyway.

Hopefully your wife makes a full recovery.
Yes thankyou, thankfully she is alive and recovering well.
Theres many things the NHS do that baffle me and others. Money seems to be wasted in so many ways but then they try and cost cut when they shouldn't.