Random Irritations

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Wow.

I haven’t read all the posts on the subject of the goings on at Manchester Airport. Neither do I want to. I’d had enough after the first half dozen or so.

I’ll say my piece and then I’m going to do my hardest to steer well clear of this debate. All I will say is that I hope none of you ever sit on a jury, because there are far too many here who, for the umpteenth time since I’ve been a regular on this forum, seem to find it within themselves to convict on the basis of a few seconds of video.

I will say here and now that I struggle to think of any justification for stamping on a man who is restrained and on the ground, BUT (and here’s the key, people), not a single one of us here know the full circumstances. Not one of us.

Me? I’ll reserve judgement until the matter has been fully investigated. If the officer has overstepped the mark, and is found to have done so, then that will be the time to pass judgement. Not before.

I genuinely despair and it is incidents such as this, where the self righteous cast their vote without having the first clue about the actual facts, that make me so glad I have left that life behind.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not complaining about the topic but could we have a new thread to discuss this incident as it is taking over a long established thread and seems to have moved well beyond a random irritation.
Plus when we compare the number of threads to the Things that Gladden we appear a right load of grumpy gits. Oops - just added another to the count.

On the hot topic though - I find it quite ludicrous that commenting on the police actions then leads to those commenting not giving a toss about the soldier that was stabbed. That is irritating.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Wow.

I haven’t read all the posts on the subject of the goings on at Manchester Airport. Neither do I want to. I’d had enough after the first half dozen or so.

I’ll say my piece and then I’m going to do my hardest to steer well clear of this debate. All I will say is that I hope none of you ever sit on a jury, because there are far too many here who, for the umpteenth time since I’ve been a regular on this forum, seem to find it within themselves to convict on the basis of a few seconds of video.

I will say here and now that I struggle to think of any justification for stamping on a man who is restrained and on the ground, BUT (and here’s the key, people), not a single one of us here know the full circumstances. Not one of us.

Me? I’ll reserve judgement until the matter has been fully investigated. If the officer has overstepped the mark, and is found to have done so, then that will be the time to pass judgement. Not before.

I genuinely despair and it is incidents such as this, where the self righteous cast their vote without the first clue about the actual facts, that make me so glad I have left that life behind.
👏👏

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been watching Still Game on iPlayer, but there is an episode missing from series 4. I Googled why and it turns out they removed it, because an actor who made one appearance in this episode later went on to be imprisoned for sexual assault. A serious crime, but will all his films be deleted from public consumption as well? I'm not sure how me watching something he happened to film 17 odd years ago endorses his sexual assault at all.

Luckily it's still on Netflix so we'll just have to switch apps. :LOL:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
If this had happened in Europe nobody would be batting an eyelid , it's just our police are seen as weak normally and "just policing twitter" and such . When they come down hard on someone everyone is shocked
Manchester is no longer in Europe o_O - dang, you miss a few days news & everything changes.. ;)