Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you tried blinds2go I did all my house with them. Look great and really well priced .

I've just got 3 recessed blinds from blinds2go, but one didn't fit correctly, partly my fault and partly their fault.
The replacement arrives this week, free of charge.
(y)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've just got 3 recessed blinds from blinds2go, but one didn't fit correctly, partly my fault and partly their fault.
The replacement arrives this week, free of charge.
(y)

Brilliant arent they? Really found it easy to fit the ones in our girls rooms

Need to go to a shop for the last room as it's a really weird window and I think only an expensive job will fix it unfortunately 😕

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
They're called Blocout blinds, it's just like a roller blind but the sides fit in a runner/track thing. The website says there's a maximum 6mm tolerance between the top and bottom widths of the window, mine is nearer 25mm 🫣
They do an XL version that looks to be surface mounted but it's twice the price :oops:
Mm, depends how much you want blackout.
It's always difficult to get complete blackout.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mm, depends how much you want blackout.
It's always difficult to get complete blackout.

True, just something better than we currently have would be an improvement. Bedroom has north and south facing windows, south window has a cheap Argos blackout blind and a blackout curtain, sort of works ok ish. North window just has a blackout curtain and lets lots of light in. I wanted to try the Blocout on the north window first but the dimensions sort of ruined that plan 🤦🏻

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I stepped into the Waitrose in sunningdale on my way back home... it is not my usual place.. and never have i been so out of place.
I turned up in my slippers which have a bit of paint splatter. Everyone in Waitrose looks so beautiful. Everyone seems to be going to tennis or a boat race or a summer picnic in the park. except me ..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Squirrels in the loft came back so we've had a pest control guy out here this morning. He goes up the ladder to have a look at the opening and where they've been getting in. Comes back into the lounge holding a crumpled old can of Carlsberg...

Basically the previous owner of our house was a bodge-jobber, we've repeatedly come across things not working properly, or just looking terrible, that he's bodged, so this is just the latest example. Plugged holes under the roof eaves with old cans of Carlsberg. Great work. I guess the funniest thing is that this actually did the job for 8 years or so since we only had the squirrel problems in the last year.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Squirrels in the loft came back so we've had a pest control guy out here this morning. He goes up the ladder to have a look at the opening and where they've been getting in. Comes back into the lounge holding a crumpled old can of Carlsberg...

Basically the previous owner of our house was a bodge-jobber, we've repeatedly come across things not working properly, or just looking terrible, that he's bodged, so this is just the latest example. Plugged holes under the roof eaves with old cans of Carlsberg. Great work. I guess the funniest thing is that this actually did the job for 8 years or so since we only had the squirrel problems in the last year.

Oh our previous owner was similar, everytime I come to do a small diy job it turns into a bigger job correcting his mess.

What worries me more he is part of our ultra sonics team who look for cracks in rails

Wouldn't trust him to look for a crack in my plaster.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I stepped into the Waitrose in sunningdale on my way back home... it is not my usual place.. and never have i been so out of place.
I turned up in my slippers which have a bit of paint splatter. Everyone in Waitrose looks so beautiful. Everyone seems to be going to tennis or a boat race or a summer picnic in the park. except me ..
You should have gone through the magical entrance. It's like the shop in Mr Benn. You would have emerged like everyone else, looking perfect. Look out for it next time 😄.

Sadly, the spell breaks when you leave the shop 😢

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.