Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Driving back tonight, Mazda 6 auto, and the following came up on the dash, SBCS Forward Malfunction. A couple of other lights came on but it drove okay. Then it didn't....

It wasn't changing gear, it was starting to judder. I was getting closer to home, would I make it? More lights came on, engine management, oil, anti skid, and the gear change became non existent.

I got onto my estate and the power went 😳. Foot to the floor, I was crawling, basically an auto creep. Hazards on I crawled back to my house, phew. Just made it.

Googled it and various options came up, don't they always 🙄. Apparently likely to reset, although it will come back. To the garage then........ Not fun being in crawl mode though.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Driving back tonight, Mazda 6 auto, and the following came up on the dash, SBCS Forward Malfunction. A couple of other lights came on but it drove okay. Then it didn't....

It wasn't changing gear, it was starting to judder. I was getting closer to home, would I make it? More lights came on, engine management, oil, anti skid, and the gear change became non existent.

I got onto my estate and the power went 😳. Foot to the floor, I was crawling, basically an auto creep. Hazards on I crawled back to my house, phew. Just made it.

Googled it and various options came up, don't they always 🙄. Apparently likely to reset, although it will come back. To the garage then........ Not fun being in crawl mode though.

Just what you need on Easter bank holiday weekend! I hope you didn’t have too much planned, or have an alternative vehicle.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
The state of our roads. Had to drive up to Hillingdon from Southampton today, was one of the worst journeys I’ve ever had.

Hammering it down with rain, so spent most of the time doing 45 on the m3 otherwise I couldn’t see. Doing 45 on the m25 would have been a dream because of the congestion around Heathrow. M25 also full of potholes/cracks and what appeared to be failed repairs possibly made worse by the amount of rain we have had this year. Then once I was off the m25 everywhere just flooded.

Our road network is just a mess

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just what you need on Easter bank holiday weekend! I hope you didn’t have too much planned, or have an alternative vehicle.
Tell me about it. I've got family coming up on Sunday for a few days. I'll get them to drive, I'll navigate. Before then we aren't doing much or we can use my wife's car.

Hopefully it will make the 12 miles to work on Wednesday, I'm opposite a typical back street garage which I've used for years.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The state of our roads. Had to drive up to Hillingdon from Southampton today, was one of the worst journeys I’ve ever had.

Hammering it down with rain, so spent most of the time doing 45 on the m3 otherwise I couldn’t see. Doing 45 on the m25 would have been a dream because of the congestion around Heathrow. M25 also full of potholes/cracks and what appeared to be failed repairs possibly made worse by the amount of rain we have had this year. Then once I was off the m25 everywhere just flooded.

Our road network is just a mess
Our local mp of three years who is now Notts county council leader who wants to now be East Midlands Mayor is bragging about improving the A614.Thats lovely but they cannot keep the current A614 in a decent and safe condition. The country’s roads are a national disgrace

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unreasonable members of the public

We have a tree that's overhanging the track , it's been blown down in the winds

We have our emergency team there with a tree surgeon

It's in a member of public's garden and the tree is rotten , won't take much to go. We are willing to get rid of it for free to them . But they won't let us incase we damage their property

Instead they are willing for it to fall onto our property and if it hits a train or damages our cable they are liable

I mean come on. It's free and doing you a favour.

Guess the lawyers will get involved if no wind takes it down in the meantime

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Our local mp of three years who is now Notts county council leader who wants to now be East Midlands Mayor is bragging about improving the A614.Thats lovely but they cannot keep the current A614 in a decent and safe condition. The country roads are a national disgrace
Not to get political but I think every government over the last several decades have missed a trick with the roads. We know there is a magic money tree just giv it a good shake get 10 billion quid out of it. Take the money and fix every road in the country and as drivers drive along nice smooth roads on the way to work they think "I'm voting for them lovely fellows at the next election."

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not to get political but I think every government over the last several decades have missed a trick with the roads. We know there is a magic money tree just giv it a good shake get 10 billion quid out of it. Take the money and fix every road in the country and as drivers drive along nice smooth roads on the way to work they think "I'm voting for them lovely fellows at the next election."
Just think how many sub post offive master/mistresses you could pursue with the money they want to spend (or dont want to) on the roads.....

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
sometimes my company surprises me will how silly we are with certain things.

we have a massive shortage of staff in my role. all across the network. We had 4 trainees recently , 2 walked (to hard) 1 was failed and the other is due to pass soon as he is very good

however he is an apprentice for the role. 2 year apprenticeship , learns directly .. they wont let us pass him until he signs off his NVQ paper work

if he was just a normal promotion he could be signed off by now

seriously do we want to fix the shortage or not

but then it is like throwing a deckchair off the titanic , we have 5 vacancies once he passes with 5 awaiting promotion . lets hope nobody retires!

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
sometimes my company surprises me will how silly we are with certain things.

we have a massive shortage of staff in my role. all across the network. We had 4 trainees recently , 2 walked (to hard) 1 was failed and the other is due to pass soon as he is very good

however he is an apprentice for the role. 2 year apprenticeship , learns directly .. they wont let us pass him until he signs off his NVQ paper work

if he was just a normal promotion he could be signed off by now

seriously do we want to fix the shortage or not

but then it is like throwing a deckchair off the titanic , we have 5 vacancies once he passes with 5 awaiting promotion . lets hope nobody retires!

Are they actively recruiting if they’re understaffed?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are they actively recruiting if they’re understaffed?

Yes. However it's a high failure rate. Like i said we had 4 trainees and only 1 is passing the others are long gone

Group before that was 2 trainees one passed

Group before that 3 trainees 1 made it.

Recruitment from outside is a lot harder though as direct recruits take longer to train and have an even higher learning curve as they have no foundation knowledge or understanding of their actions.