Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and with the whole "#BeKind" thing going on I wonder if anyone has checked on Barton's mental health. For the last few weeks he seems to have been having a complete mental breakdown in public. Either that or he is in fact a total 🔔🔚. My money is on the latter but hopefully someone has asked him if he's ok.
I think his past history suggests it is the latter. Not helped by there being a market for this nonsense, encouragement egging him on.

Fair point to make though.

Red devil

Visit site
I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and with the whole "#BeKind" thing going on I wonder if anyone has checked on Barton's mental health. For the last few weeks he seems to have been having a complete mental breakdown in public. Either that or he is in fact a total 🔔🔚. My money is on the latter but hopefully someone has asked him if he's ok.
No, it's definitely the latter.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I think he’s proven over a long period of time that he is a weapons grade 🔔🔚.

But, even for him he seems to have gone off at the deep end.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think he’s proven over a long period of time that he is a weapons grade 🔔🔚.

But, even for him he seems to have gone off at the deep end.

Clearly he has always been an idiot. However this is calculated. Whilst they clearly are his views , he hid them before because that was the way.

Now he's becoming an icon for a section of society. Much like Andrew Tate and alike.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Clearly he has always been an idiot. However this is calculated. Whilst they clearly are his views , he hid them before because that was the way.

Now he's becoming an icon for a section of society. Much like Andrew Tate and alike.
Yea, that's why I likened him to Laurence Fox. As long as he knows no football club will ever hire him again if he goes down this road - that's his managerial career over.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People posting photos on face book etc taken on a phone that they do not rotate before posting so you are looking at it sideways (or even upside down).

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
The flag thing has always puzzled me with regard to the English people, but its not the only thing.
English people (generalisation alert) tend to struggle to embrace their own culture.
Ask an English person, "Sing me an English song?" and a bemused look appears on the face. No such problem for the Scots, Welsh and Irish.
Something comes on the telly about well-dressing or Morris dancing and it is met with ridicule.
Clothing, music (singing and dancing), cuisine, etc - all part of geographic culture and identity, but the English just don't seem to know how to describe, embrace and celebrate their own.
How about, "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner". 😂

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TV volume. Varies from streaming service it seems and on YouTube video to video

Would love a TV maker to develop a feature of auto volume adjustment so that regardless of what you put on the level is the same

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Land of Hope and Glory?
The "England" reference in Jerusalem most likely was intended to reference all of Britain at that time of writing. This was common.
It is not exactly a "popular" song or traditional folk song. Largely regarded as "high-brow" due to the lyrics. Not a song that appeals to the general populace.
"Land of Hope and Glory" in in a similar vein along with "Rule Britania".
Chances of finding someone at random who knows the words in order to sing one of them is slim.
Would not take you long in Wales to find someone to sing Calon Lan to you.
Gets very tedious listening to just the same one line from "Sweet Chariot" rather than at least one full verse from all the available verses.

Last edited:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Joey Barton should be subject to censure by any social media platform he chooses to comment on.

He’s not edgy. He’s not controversial. He’s just uneducated and gratuitously offensive.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Joey Barton should be subject to censure by any social media platform he chooses to comment on.

He’s not edgy. He’s not controversial. He’s just uneducated and gratuitously offensive.

Problem is those who support him will cry "sensorship" and being silenced by the state etc

Suddenly you make him a martyr

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
The "England" reference in Jerusalem most likely was intended to reference all of Britain at that time of writing. This was common.
It is not exactly a "popular" song or traditional folk song. Largely regarded as "high-brow" due to the lyrics. Not a song that appeals to the general populace.
"Land of Hope and Glory" in in a similar vein along with "Rule Britania".
Chances of finding someone at random who knows the words in order to sing one of them is slim.
Would not take you long in Wales to find someone to sing Calon Lan to you.
Gets very tedious listening to just the same one line from "Sweet Chariot" rather than at least one full verse from all the available verses.

Interesting point. I wonder if it’s because the other home nations feel more like the “junior partners” in the United Kingdom so do more to keep their identity intact?

This song makes me think of England…

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Excellent - that means we can burn him at the stake.......:unsure::whistle:
Possibly, although beheading or hanging was more usual for someone prepared to die for their beliefs or opinions.
Burning was more commonly used for those found guilty of witchcraft, but could be used for other crimes.
:geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek::geek:

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Interesting point. I wonder if it’s because the other home nations feel more like the “junior partners” in the United Kingdom so do more to keep their identity intact?

This song makes me think of England…

Love it.
And if you had asked me yesterday, I could have instantly sung you the whole song word perfect no hesitation.
I identify as English, you see. Born in England and lived in England, but with Scottish and Welsh grandparents.