Random Irritations

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm offshore but apparently he drove off and then stopped just round the corner. That's when the woman who witnessed it got a photo of the back of his van. I contacted BT on Twitter and got a response saying to use the contact form on the Open Reach website. Then got a reply from Open Reach asking me to DM them. Did make the point that it was a hit and run and also failing to stop at the scene of an accident.
Report it to the police?
And your insurance company

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Report it to the police?
And your insurance company
It's been reported to the insurance company who have said no need to report to police as there were no injuries and the car was parked with no one in it. Insurance company have said that they'll take care of everything and someone will phone tomorrow to arrange a hire car. Only problem could be getting one with a tow bar as Mrs Colch needs one for work.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's been reported to the insurance company who have said no need to report to police as there were no injuries and the car was parked with no one in it. Insurance company have said that they'll take care of everything and someone will phone tomorrow to arrange a hire car. Only problem could be getting one with a tow bar as Mrs Colch needs one for work.
As long as it's reported to the police by them, as a failing to stop at the scene of an accident.
I don't see it as any different to driving down a road, running up the sides of parked 2 cars and driving off. It's the hassle though, I accept.

On another note, remembering somethings you have said regarding Mrs Colch and vans, I'm running round in a hire Transit after my VW had a 7.5 tonner reverse into the back of it. People rave about Transits, but apart from light steering, it is horribly uncomfortable with seats like plywood. The door mirrors are too narrow, and the door windows have a nasty bar to seperate the 2 pieces of glass. It is a 71 plate BTW, short WB with standard roof.
At least the Toyota ProAce was more comfy.

D

Deleted member 35504

This Nike flag colour nonsense - not sure what irritates me the most, the people who are outraged or the people who are outraged by the people who are outraged.
Life’s too short.
Are you having a laugh?

Our English flag is 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 a red cross on a white background.

No American or any company of any nationality has any right to change that.

Last edited by a moderator:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are you having a laugh?

Our English flag is 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 a red cross on a white background.

No American or any company of any nationality has any right to change that.

Imagine how the Germans feel with Adidas, their kit supplier for 70 years with strong German heritage being ditched for Nike.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 35504

Imagine how the Germans feel with Adidas, their kit supplier for 70 years with strong German heritage being ditched for Nike.
That's not the same though, Nike won't put an Orange, Purple and Carrot flag on their shirt... 😅

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Of course it's a problem.

It is the English flag and they are changing it.

You might not have any sense of what's right but most do.
Most people couldn’t give a flying flip about the colour of a cross on the collar of a football kit.

Is it just the colour of the cross that bothers you, or that it was also on a blue background?

Were you bothered about previous kits with different coloured crosses on them?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Of course it's a problem.

It is the English flag and they are changing it.

You might not have any sense of what's right but most do.
I have no view on the matter .. but this is as bad as Spice Girls wearing a sT G Cross top/bikini …

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A communication fron British Gas informing us that our Smart Meter must be replaced as it will stop functioning properly at the turn of the year.
It's free ( we actually get a 30 quid rebate for the inconvenience ) and will only take a couple of hours....
Bearing in mind that I gotmthe letter today I rang up and booked a date and they're coming on the 19th...........of January
Er........OK...so 3 weeks without a properly functioning smart meter.
This could get interesting......
Well.......they cancelled that one on the day...
Rebooted for today....

And guess what?
They've cancelled that too..about half an hour ago.....
Another wasted afternoon......
I don't hate much but I'm beginning to despise BG with every ounce of my being...and I've got a lot of ounces to despise with!!!

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Most people couldn’t give a flying flip about the colour of a cross on the collar of a football kit.

Is it just the colour of the cross that bothers you, or that it was also on a blue background?

Were you bothered about previous kits with different coloured crosses on them?
Apparently there are a whole load of conspiracy theories.. I learnt a lot on a slow Friday afternoon….

Will be forgotten soon..