Random Irritations

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The cart upon which our garden hose is wound is broken and lost a wheel.. so looking for a replacement. Most Garden hose Reel cart on Amazon seem naff. Equally I realised that it is cheaper to buy a new hose + cart than just a cart!! What do I do about 30m of perfectly good hose?

Get a hose connector and attach it to the new hose. Then you'll have 60m of perfectly good hose. (y)

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
A Bank declined to cash a couple of cheques I wrote because my signature wasn't similar enough on each of them 😒
Many years ago my bank phoned me to query a cheque, as the signature on it wasn't a good match for the one they had on record (and which was about 15 years old, from when I opened the account as a student). After confirming it was ok, they said "please can you send us an example your current signature". My reply was "it's the one on that cheque". Amazingly they said ok without any fuss. Life was so much simpler back then when common sense was allowed to trump the rulebook.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Many years ago my bank phoned me to query a cheque, as the signature on it wasn't a good match for the one they had on record (and which was about 15 years old, from when I opened the account as a student). After confirming it was ok, they said "please can you send us an example your current signature". My reply was "it's the one on that cheque". Amazingly they said ok without any fuss. Life was so much simpler back then when common sense was allowed to trump the rulebook.
I'm surprised that anybody working in the bank can remember how to process a cheque nowadays. They must not have seen many. :LOL:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm surprised that anybody working in the bank can remember how to process a cheque nowadays. They must not have seen many. :LOL:
I take between 4 and 6 every month. Take a picture of the front and back and upload them. Monetise is in the account 2 days later.
What’s not to like when you’re not being charged to be paid?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
The cart upon which our garden hose is wound is broken and lost a wheel.. so looking for a replacement. Most Garden hose Reel cart on Amazon seem naff. Equally I realised that it is cheaper to buy a new hose + cart than just a cart!! What do I do about 30m of perfectly good hose?

Buy an old car wheel [ without a tyre ] fix it to the wall wrap hose around, sorted ;)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So my current virgin bundle is about £140..
Sent me an increase to £160...

Spoke to them.. and new offer £110 for 18 months

But comes with a caveat
"The price of Virgin Media's main services will increase each April. The price of your monthly main services will increase from April 2025 by the Retail Price Index rate of inflation announced in February each year plus 3.9%. This doesn’t apply to any add-ons you may have selected or admin costs. The price of add-ons may vary at any time and you can cancel them with 30 days’ notice"

Today is 21st March... so the price will increase before the ink on paper is dry!!!

Getting these deals in before ofcom ban them

I don't mind inflation rises sometimes but inflation plus 4% as a minimum is ridiculous

Just agree a 4% a year increase if that's what you want. Be clear.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had an Open Reach engineer visit today to connect us to fibre broadband. Installation went well, it's just a shame that the same can't be said of their engineer's driving. He reversed his van into the side of our car and drove off. Luckily there were two witnesses who took photos of his van and knocked on the door. Now got a car with a passenger door that won't open.
IMG-20240321-WA0001.jpg

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Had an Open Reach engineer visit today to connect us to fibre broadband. Installation went well, it's just a shame that the same can't be said of their engineer's driving. He reversed his van into the side of our car and drove off. Luckily there were two witnesses who took photos of his van and knocked on the door. Now got a car with a passenger door that won't open.
View attachment 52474
He drove off?? 🤯
If it happened and he owned up to it fair enough, 💩 happens.
But driving off 🤦‍♂️

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He drove off?? 🤯
If it happened and he owned up to it fair enough, 💩 happens.
But driving off 🤦‍♂️
I'm offshore but apparently he drove off and then stopped just round the corner. That's when the woman who witnessed it got a photo of the back of his van. I contacted BT on Twitter and got a response saying to use the contact form on the Open Reach website. Then got a reply from Open Reach asking me to DM them. Did make the point that it was a hit and run and also failing to stop at the scene of an accident.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm offshore but apparently he drove off and then stopped just round the corner. That's when the woman who witnessed it got a photo of the back of his van. I contacted BT on Twitter and got a response saying to use the contact form on the Open Reach website. Then got a reply from Open Reach asking me to DM them. Did make the point that it was a hit and run and also failing to stop at the scene of an accident.
I’d be fuming.
If the women didnt see it happen you’re out of pocket.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Send her some flowers