Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being pulled into the nursery as one of the twins has been punched by another child. They played it down but it must be serious as the kid was sent home and parents told if it happens again he won't be welcome back to the nursery.

Now the fun task of telling the wife. She's very overprotective of her babies

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Absolutely stacked it on my run at lunch, knees ripped open and still had two miles to go.
i remember a training ride in the mid 90 with a load of other racing cyclists. we used to head to to a tea stop out the other side of Buckingham from Hemel. going down Ivanhoe beacon my mate Russ bounced off his saddle after hitting the wheel in front. he landed arse first on the rider next to him's rear wheel. he ended up with two massive red burn marks on his cheeks and ripped shorts. luckily his crack was untouched and he carried on out to the tea stop some 30 miles away. he couldn't sit down in the tea room due to the pain , much to all our amusement. give him his due he made it home though in quite a lot of pain. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i remember a training ride in the mid 90 with a load of other racing cyclists. we used to head to to a tea stop out the other side of Buckingham from Hemel. going down Ivanhoe beacon my mate Russ bounced off his saddle after hitting the wheel in front. he landed arse first on the rider next to him's rear wheel. he ended up with two massive red burn marks on his cheeks and ripped shorts. luckily his crack was untouched and he carried on out to the tea stop some 30 miles away. he couldn't sit down in the tea room due to the pain , much to all our amusement. give him his due he made it home though in quite a lot of pain. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"Luckily his crack was untouched"

Wasn't a sentence I thought I'd ever see on here.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The latest Banksy graffiti. If you are sat looking out of one of those windows to the side of the tree it will just look like someone has launched a bucket of green paint at the wall. Not something you would want to see all day. If I lived there I would paint over it.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Being pulled into the nursery as one of the twins has been punched by another child. They played it down but it must be serious as the kid was sent home and parents told if it happens again he won't be welcome back to the nursery.

Now the fun task of telling the wife. She's very overprotective of her babies

I hope she is overprotective, and coldly very angry. I’ve seen what bullying can do for a very young child, how they become introvert and their peers pass them by.

I wish her, and the family, well and I hope the nursery deals with it strongly and unambiguously.

Sorry, but bullying is inclined to trigger me a little…

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The latest Banksy graffiti. If you are sat looking out of one of those windows to the side of the tree it will just look like someone has launched a bucket of green paint at the wall. Not something you would want to see all day. If I lived there I would paint over it.
I just saw this and thought it brightened up a rough old wall - I’d rather look out on a Banksy art piece than some crumbling rendering - but then we’re all different!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought he would have packed it in now his identity has been revealed.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

It looks like the sort of mess the climate crazies would do!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hope she is overprotective, and coldly very angry. I’ve seen what bullying can do for a very young child, how they become introvert and their peers pass them by.

I wish her, and the family, well and I hope the nursery deals with it strongly and unambiguously.

Sorry, but bullying is inclined to trigger me a little…

She took it well tbh, but then our daughter doesn't seem phased today by it. Altho she was sad I was told. So shall see tomorrow I guess.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just saw this and thought it brightened up a rough old wall - I’d rather look out on a Banksy art piece than some crumbling rendering - but then we’re all different!!
My irritation is that it only makes sense when viewed from the correct perspective. Looking out of the window with no tree in the way and all you see is a green mess.

Reactions: ADB

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Back to work today after three months off. Had all the usual travel/flying related irritations, people queuing for passport control and not having their passport ready to show so holding up the queue while they search for it in their bag, people with hand luggage too heavy for them to lift into the overhead locker, having to have my laptop bag under the seat in front of me because of all the wheely suitcases they allow on as hand luggage, the list goes on. Got to the hotel at Hamburg airport and went to get something to eat. 33.5 euros for a schnitzel, 24 euros for a burger plus an extra 6 euros if you want chips with it. It's not my money and I could've claimed it back but that's ridiculous. Robbing bar stewards. Walked over to the airport and had a McDonald's for less than 10 euros instead.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had a sore hip the last week or so, tried to get a doctors appointment, earliest is 19th April. Woke up this morning to find a rash on my shin. Went to work, one of my colleagues pointed out it looked like shingles.. as I work I a large Government building with lots of visitors I was advised to go and seek medical advice as its sort of contagious.got to the docs not a sole around, no one waiting.. I think I have shingles, reception disappeared off, comes back you have to go to the pharmacy!!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My irritation is that it only makes sense when viewed from the correct perspective. Looking out of the window with no tree in the way and all you see is a green mess.
It's now a green and white mess. Someone threw white paint on it last night. Graffiti on graffiti, people can't really complain about the latest actions 🤷‍♀️

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's now a green and white mess. Someone threw white paint on it last night. Graffiti on graffiti, people can't really complain about the latest actions 🤷‍♀️
Imagine if someone did that to a proper work of art. Oh hang on, the JSO clowns already did, but I bet there will be more uproar about a bit of graffiti getting its own graffiti 🤣